cookie valid for more than one comp [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Tomynocker

cookie valid for more than one comp [DONE]

Post by Tomynocker »

Before the changes it was possible to be logged in on two diffrent comps. Now it's only possible to be logged in on one comp at the time.

since i often use diffrent comps it would be nice if that where possible again without having to relogin (of corse if the remember checkbox is set)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

The same applies to two browser on the same system - which I currently use in order to use one login-only page on the 'active desktop' (IE) and at the same time surf with firefox, thus: I second this request.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this is implemented now, however you will have to login manually in order to use it.

by default a new random secret is used everytime you login with the remember password option checked so you can only use the remember password option in one browser per anidb account.

you can manually login, telling anidb to reuse your old random secret by visiting the following url (remember to insert your username and password!):
BYe!
EXP
kidan

Post by kidan »

One problem with this workaround is that most browsers remember the URL with the password in plain-text. So it would be a better solution to offer a seperate login-form where you could enter (your login and) the password.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

As wahaha said in another thread I think is better to have it as a profile option. ;)
darkfader

Post by darkfader »

Heh... I use both IE and FF and I had this problem with my own PHP page too where I encrypted the password with some client-side javascript so the plain-text was never sent over. I also had an IP check.

Another option is to remember more than 1 secret number. Maybe depending on how much anime a person has ;)
Oh... there could be an option to copy over the previous secret number to the other browser after logging in. Then both browsers have the same number :)
kidan

Post by kidan »

Sorry for requoting myself, but I think this issue should be handled, as it's not complicated and would be useful:
kidan wrote:One problem with this workaround is that most browsers remember the URL with the password in plain-text. So it would be a better solution to offer a seperate login-form where you could enter (your login and) the password.
Elias

Post by Elias »

Login and password are send to server via POST method - they do not appear in URL address. I dont see here a problem with URL-history.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

there is now a seperate login page where the keep cookie option can be selected.

see:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13696#13696

direct link:
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=login

BYe!
EXP
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

thanks EXP
kidan

Post by kidan »

Thanks, /me=happy