Forbid adding files without an ed2k link

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Besides, it provokes multiple file entires. For example, when an ed2k-dump says that a file is unknown, I verify the file's correctness (or consider it correct if it's a BitTorrent download) and then just add it to the database myself - including SHA1, MD5, CRC32 and ed2k hashes. Since the other file doesn't have any ed2k hash, adding a duplicate but with the hash will work just fine, but the result of this is that some mod will have to bother with merging the files later.

And before everyone yells... No, I don't think it is acceptable that users who have the correct information need to double-check everything just because someone might have added a lame file earlier. :roll:
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I agree to what Elberet said.

But I just add one hash and let AoM do all the rest automatically later :-)

3000 creqs with about 25000 copy n paste actions simply were enough :-)
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

wahaha wrote:Show me a program simple enough for newbies that can calculate the ed2k-link (and copy it to the clipboard) with preferrably less than 3 clicks - then I'll agree. ;)
hmmm, AOM with auto hashing can do it in 2 clicks + a key press :p
berni2k

Re: Forbid adding files without an ed2k link

Post by berni2k »

nwa wrote: I merged the 2 files, the one who added the file with the ed2k link got to be the one who gets the credit of being the one who added the file for ep3 in to ppl..

Thirst for higher stats and credits?
we get credits
what kind of credits are that
(maybe a list per member with all the files he shared sent to the RIAA ?)
who needs credits anyway the result (this db) is credit enough
I DONT WANT ANY CREDIT .. im doing that just for me and only for myself and for no one else

i think i have to remove my files
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

if there are ppl who have the files you added in their mylist then you can't remove the files.. afaik... would be pretty naughty if you could :P

anyway.. it was just a temporary madness that hit me... I'm over it, although I still think it should be done the way I said, I'm not against the current system :D
berni2k

Post by berni2k »

nwa wrote:if there are ppl who have the files you added in their mylist then you can't remove the files.. afaik... would be pretty naughty if you could :P

anyway.. it was just a temporary madness that hit me... I'm over it, although I still think it should be done the way I said, I'm not against the current system :D
heh, i understand the position you wrote in the first post

anyway, may opinion to this is that the ed2k should be removed entirely

no need for that sort of crap

edit: sorry i meant "ed2k LINKS"
Skywalka

Re: Forbid adding files without an ed2k link

Post by Skywalka »

berni2k wrote:we get credits
what kind of credits are that
(maybe a list per member with all the files he shared sent to the RIAA ?)
who needs credits anyway the result (this db) is credit enough
I DONT WANT ANY CREDIT .. im doing that just for me and only for myself and for no one else
I finally want my gold medal for 4000 CREQs. :twisted: