Past notifies [OLD|WASONTODO]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

pav

Past notifies [OLD|WASONTODO]

Post by pav »

This is maybe not a feature req, but rather a little anoyance to be rid of.
Is there any way to keep the notifies for a longer time? i.e. a day or so.
accidentaly closing the notifies window makes them dissapear. i know there is a 'notifies' button at the bottom of the menubar, but clicking it just after closing brings up an empty notify window, even despite the fact, that it still says '2 new notifies' (or sth similar).
maybe a little box in 'my place' with previous notifies wouldn't be too much of a problem?
thank you very much for reading!
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this has been requested in the past and is not possible due to the way notifiy information is currently stored in the database.
however, a "past notifies" page for myplace is ONTODO.

BYe!
EXP
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I'd love to have the "Latest Files" page really filter by my notifications when I enable that option.

Currently if I enable it, only the series are displayed for which I do have a notification, no matter what kind of notification that is - resulting in a halfway useful list since then all files by all groups are displayed that released something for that particular Anime.

I would love to know whether it would be possible to really filter that list by the notification I set - so that only files are displayed that fall into that category - for instance if I have files by AonE only if I set the notification to "group" I only want to have new files by AonE on that list. Currently I get all the groups.

That would essentially be what Pav requested, I know :-)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

first version is now implemented.
myplace -> mynotifies -> show history

pretty untested though :P

BYe!
EXP
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

neato :)

THX :)
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

Nice

Question for EXP:

I see a "clear history" in the bottom. does this mean that all entries stay in the tables till I clear all? Or is there a maxtime like 2 weeks before they get deleted?

What's the max of entries that that list can store (I'm running 10 pages of notifies)?

A nice addition would be sortpossibilities and maybe display the tag instead of the fullname to win a bit place (if available)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

old entries will be automatically purged if you either have more than 100 entries listed (oldest one is purged) or an entry is more than 30 days old.

that feature isn't finished yet, so I am still looking forward to recieving more ideas how to improve it.
* group shortnames - noted.

BYe!
EXP
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

hmm you want some feedback.

nice to haves:

- Sort option on date and on anime (rest of the fields if it doesn't matter)
Atm it's sorted by date I presume?

- if the DB can handle it an auto delete when the file gets added to mylist or the option to delete a specific notification (keep the list clean yourself).

Best of 2 worlds would be replace ack'ed with "my mylist status" and add the individual delete.
pav

Post by pav »

ahh this is great, exactly what i wanted. thanks a lot exp !
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

A separate request but I thought I might post it here.
Can we have an icon for "add to own mylist" on this page like the one for the latest files page