Notification when file in Mylist is changed via CREQ [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

Notification when file in Mylist is changed via CREQ [DONE]

Post by Skywalka »

Hi there,

I need a notification if somebody changes the info of files I have - if this is too much of a load on the notification system, I would limit the notification to changes in the hashes (SHA1, MD5, CRC32, ed2k) and when a file I have is labeled crc invalid or deprecated if it wasn't before.

I need to know whether a file I have is indeed corrupted. Currently I only stumble across such files if I browse my whole mylist or if I use AoM and filter by status. I think these cases do not happen that often and it should not be too much of a hassle to implement it I guess (at least the way I understand databases it shouldn't be that much of a problem, or should it?)

Thanks in advance for considering it EXP :-)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

That would be a nice addition.

I realized while working with myList export that some files I had were marked as corrupted. :P
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

LOL

believe me you do NOT want to get messages for file creqs.
with a decent sized mylist you'd easily get 10 to 100 messages a day x_X

however, a message if a previously crcok or crcunverified file is changed to crcfailed might indeed be usefull.

adding an extra page which only shows the corrupted files you have in mylist would also be pretty simple. though i don't know if that is needed if AoM can already do that.

BYe!
EXP
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

AoM can't but will be able to.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, not all people use AoM... if you see the AnimeReactor discussion about AniDB you would have realized already that. ;)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I know but I figured I should say it. (Actually I don't think all that many *use* aom. Most who do prolly use it for autoadding only.)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

DonGato wrote:Well, not all people use AoM... if you see the AnimeReactor discussion about AniDB you would have realized already that. ;)
url?

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

AniDB userlist has made me realised that...
donfischi wrote:when i had it installed it messed up my mylist quite a bit. perhaps it was my fault, i don´t know. but i couldn´t add episodes manually and if i tried it removed them later on.
so i stopped using it (half a year ago perhaps). nice idea though.
moeru wrote:Besides the client, is there any faster way to organize it?
Elberet wrote:Yeah, same here... In order to be useful, you have to let it run almost all the time, but considering the 0.5 branch of AoM swallows a whopping 100MB or RAM (for me, that's "only" a tenth of my physical RAM, but hey, it's a whole tenth of my RAM! ) I couldn't bear with the load that'd incurr. I'm looking forward to the 0.6 branch PekiW is working on. If what he said in the AniDB forum is true, I'm sure I'll love it - if only for the auto-hasing-and-adding-to-AniDB-mylist feauture.
moepion wrote:100mb ram

i need everything i have for emule and everquest2
DonGato wrote:Well, I don't need anything more than the web interface. And if I need a local copy I do n export of mylist in any updated template.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Posted a troll post on that thread. 8O

Anyway, I'm working extra on getting aom 0.6 out. It's a crapload of work though and no BennieB around to throw the extra stuff on. :cry:
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

To be clear, it wasn't intended as a bash to AoM but as a statement that lot of people use the Web and don't want to use a client application and will continue to do so. You can even add a java applet to hash files from the web site if you want to add some extra AoM functionality on the web. :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

DonGato wrote:To be clear, it wasn't intended as a bash to AoM but as a statement that lot of people use the Web and don't want to use a client application and will continue to do so. You can even add a java applet to hash files from the web site if you want to add some extra AoM functionality on the web. :)
feel free to write one :P

BYe!
EXP
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

exp wrote:
DonGato wrote:To be clear, it wasn't intended as a bash to AoM but as a statement that lot of people use the Web and don't want to use a client application and will continue to do so. You can even add a java applet to hash files from the web site if you want to add some extra AoM functionality on the web. :)
feel free to write one :P

BYe!
EXP
can't anything be done using the source code of this?

http://ed2k-tools.sourceforge.net/ed2k_hash.shtml
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

fahrenheit wrote:can't anything be done using the source code of this?

http://ed2k-tools.sourceforge.net/ed2k_hash.shtml
If one doesn't mind the applet being gpl, one could aswell start from a java-source ;)
(as found in jacksum, jmule, azureus and others. Malich's filehash probably gives the easiest start, since it's pretty much "all in one class", but he published the source without copyleft-notice)

... it's been ages since I last wrote an applet, but I have to admit that exp's joking suggestion was tempting ^^;
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

exp wrote:adding an extra page which only shows the corrupted files you have in mylist would also be pretty simple. though i don't know if that is needed if AoM can already do that.
Such a page would be very useful.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

a first version of the mylist reports page is now implemented.
the reports are generated from plain text configuration files.
the main goal is that users can contribute own report templates.

the current template looks like this, however it will surely change a lot.

Code: Select all

id=crcfailed
name=Corrupted files in MyList
sql=SELECT l.fid,l.state,l.filestate,l.storage,l.other,at.name,e.epno FROM listtb AS l,filetb AS f,animetitletb AS at,eptb AS e WHERE l.uid=? AND l.aid=at.aid AND at.type=1 AND l.eid=e.id AND l.fid=f.id AND (f.status=2 OR f.status=6 OR f.status=10 OR f.status=18 OR f.status=34) ORDER BY l.id DESC
fields=fid,name,epno,state,filestate,storage,other

name_fid=fid
format_fid=FID
align_fid=right

name_name=Anime

name_epno=Epno
format_epno=EPNO
align_epno=right

name_state=Mylist State
format_state=MYLISTSTATEIMG
align_state=center

name_filestate=File State