Buddy/friend list [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Slash

Buddy/friend list [DONE]

Post by Slash »

It'd be really cool to have a buddy/friend list system.
It's hard to keep checking what my friends are up to anime-wise because I have to go to the user list everytime I want to check it out.
It'd be much easier to just have a list of you friends that you can easily click.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this is already on the todo list, although for other reasons.
the "AR Member" option in the permission settings @ profile will be replaced with a "Friends" option.
all users added to ones friends/buddy list will fall under that category when permissions are checked @ mylist.

but I guess this thread could become a good place to discuss possible uses of a friends/buddy list once it is implemented.

what functions might be usefull in the friends/buddy list?
which other parts of anidb could make use of the list?

BYe!
EXP
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

i'm lacking a bit of imagination, so at the moment the only use of a friends list i can think of is to compare mylists quickly, other than that i don't know..
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

There could be something like special recommendations among people in the buddy-list. Maybe a seperate (html) table in the anime hint section to highlight shows people on the buddy-list gave a high (>=8?) rating...

Of course, an option to list a friend's friends would be nice aswell.
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

fahrenheit wrote:so at the moment the only use of a friends list i can think of is to compare mylists quickly
Then I sugest to first fix the compare before this is implemented. I rather search for the user and get what I need (series the other person has filtered with hide common) then quick compare w/o a mail/Pm afterwards to get the list I would want.

What would be nice for friends option (not to sure it's possible DB wise) is a list with let's say last files added in 1 day or 1 week
Slash

Post by Slash »

It should have avatar possibilities :P
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm gonna resurrect this, as I've had use for this kind of thing recently, and missed it.
-Firstly, a 'Friend' option in the permissions, and any one you add as a friend has that level. Of course, I can only see theirs if they make me a friend.
-A fast way of adding files to mylist, based on what a friend has. I do a fair bit of trading, and rehashing the same files or clicking on every one is annoying.
-A list of stuff your friends have, but you don't much for the same purposes. Filterable by friend, but an 'as a whole' would be good too.
-The above mentioned 'special friend hint'. And maybe an option to disable certain friends from this. You can like people with horribly different tastes to your own. Friend-of-a-friend seems nice too, at least as an option.
-Friends reviews. Other overview type stuff (what they're watching/dllding atm, collective wishlists etc)
-Some kind of notify when someone makes you a friend, so you can decide if you want to friend them back, and a list of all people who consider you friend.
-Other cool stuff.

Rar
Drakon_Arc

Friendlist Options

Post by Drakon_Arc »

:idea: well you could put something like:
-Friends List (under mylist)
:idea: all this is in Friend List:
-Add Buddy
-Remove Buddy
-compare list with a buddy
:idea: ahead of the buddy:
-info (something like we put in that buddy to remenber something of him)

humm...........what else i will put something more later
right now i'm going to study for a test..........bahhhh

:evil: stay well :twisted: