Remove quality rating from generic files [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

Remove quality rating from generic files [DONE]

Post by Skywalka »

or either make the quality selectable when you add the file to your mylist (which I doubt can be implemented)

Reason: those questionmarks in my mylist annoy me. It's just a spacefiller or I watched the file on DVD and if I can't give it my own quality rating then there should be none.

The question mark is wrong. I DO know what the quality is, I watched the damned file on TV/DVD/VHS/in Cinema and that can't be compared to a fansub OR it is a spacefiller and should then have the rating of the first half of the release which would make it hard for more than one group could have released a file for the first part.

So I'd like to have the quality rating removed for generic files. Thx.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

What's the point of having quality there?
I don't see one... :/
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Actually, the whole line needs a cleanup, as generic files have only one useful property: the user-count.

I'd suggest the following:
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

/me agrees...
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

/me too
egg

Post by egg »

/me three

But why stop there? What about the statistics. What does it mean to have a generic file that is Shared, Released or Deleted???? Either show just the number of users, or if you want to get fancy, show statistics by the Type instead of State.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I disagree.

I'd still count the number of people who have it in their mylist and put that in one number. That's a way to find out whether people use generic files or not. We are guys. We linke numbers, statistics. I'd hate for the number to be gone.
egg

Post by egg »

Skywalka wrote:I disagree.

I'd still count the number of people who have it in their mylist and put that in one number. That's a way to find out whether people use generic files or not. We are guys. We linke numbers, statistics. I'd hate for the number to be gone.
I don't think we disagree. I said [with editing]:
egg wrote:Either show just the number of users [that have the generic file in their mylist], or if you want to get fancy, show statistics by the Type instead of State.
I was just saying that if people happen to set the generic file as deleted, shared or released (probably done to match the state of the rest of the series) that this was meaningless (and somewhat confusing) to show the individual numbers.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Ok :-)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

egg wrote:I was just saying that if people happen to set the generic file as deleted, shared or released (probably done to match the state of the rest of the series) that this was meaningless (and somewhat confusing) to show the individual numbers.
Agreed. While the distribution of the "type" (tv/dvd/cinema) could be somewhat interesting, a single number would suffice until there's any demand for more stats.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It looks like we have overwhelming support for wahahas suggestion!
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

on todo

BYe!
EXP