Program for filehashing...

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Malich

Program for filehashing...

Post by Malich »

I wrote a little java program that makes hashing of files a bit easier. It outputs the md5, crc32 and ed2k-link of a single file or a whole directory. That might help you with adding files. :)

Download: filehash-0.5.3.zip
Last edited by Malich on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
arlacud

Post by arlacud »

Very good idea, but i have no idea how to get this to work. Would it be hard for you to make some windows-gui or whatever (again, i have no idea how that could work :oops: ) for it?

Keep up the good work!
Malich

Post by Malich »

Well...There is a little problem due to my limited time. I'm totally busy with all my university stuff so that I won't be able to find enough free time for programming a gui until january. Maybe I will program one then, but I think that the AniDB-Client should be able to do that.

And for how to get the program to work:
First you need the JRE or JDK from Sun (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html). It should be enough to download the JRE (first download-link in the table). After you have installed that, start your commandline (hope you know how to do that ;)) and go to the directory where the filehash.class file is located. Then type "java filehash z:\Anime\Chobits" for example to hash everything in the directory z:\Anime\Chobits. You can also type in a single file instead of a directory (e.g. "java filehash z:\Anime\InuYasha-Movie-CD1.avi z:\Anime\InuYasha-Movie-CD2.avi") and as you can see 2 (or more) parameters are also possible.
When the hashing is finished you will find a file called filehash-out.txt in your current directory.

If you get any error, please let me know.
Pipian

Post by Pipian »

Can you send the source? Maybe if the time I can make it a command-line DOS/Linux proggy.
Malich

Post by Malich »

My sources are included in the zip. The sources for md5 and crc however are somewhere in the java API, so if you need that too I can make a seperate zip for it.
arlacud

Post by arlacud »

Pipian wrote:Can you send the source? Maybe if the time I can make it a command-line DOS/Linux proggy.
That would be cool. And thx again Malich!
jakk

Post by jakk »

thank god for people like you :D
NegiNegi

Other options for hashing and ed2k links

Post by NegiNegi »

I know this is an old thread, but for the benefit of others who may be looking, I thought I'd chime in with some stuff I found today. :)

There's a Java program that will compute and verify just about every kind of hash -- including md5, sha1, crc32, and ones I'd never heard of before like whirlpool -- except whatever ed2k uses. (Donkey claims its hashes are md4, but if I use an md4 utility it does not generate the same hash as eDonkey.) It's called Jacksum and you can find it at http://www.jonelo.de/java/jacksum/index.html.

Also, for making ed2k links I prefer a simple tool called ed2k. Its sole purpose is to make an ed2k link or hash, which is very groovy when adding files I only have on CD! :D It's distributed just as a single C file from http://www.sdalu.com/software/.

BTW, both of these are command-line tools -- no pointy-clicky. ;) They should run anywhere except maybe MacOS, but of course you'll need to compile ed2k.c in order to use it. (Instructions for doing so are included in the file itself.) If you want graphical tools for these tasks, try searching on Google. A collection of tools for ed2k is at http://ed2k-tools.sourceforge.net/index.shtml.