Review-''Karma'' [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

Review-''Karma'' [tracked]

Post by wahaha »

The current rating-system treats "good" and "bad" reviewers equally.
While this is of course easy to label as "fair", it also causes more experienced reviewers to start reminding the people in their texts that the rating should not be based on whether they agree with the opinion, but rather whether it's a good review, especially when their opinions might not match the "mainstream".

So, to take a bit of this pressure from reviewers who have proven that they can write proper reviews, I'd like to suggest adding a small modifier to their reviews which would be calculated from the average approval of their previous reviews... something in the range of 0-2 rating points, or maybe 0-5 "auto-approvals" instead. (I have no clear idea which one would work out properly; the only thing I know for sure is that I'm against using negative modifiers for "bad" reviewers.)

Since I don't write reviews myself, I'd of course like to have some input on this from actual reviewers ^^;
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I'd suggest not to change the actual numbers (rating) of reviews but sort the reviews by the overall average rating of all the reviews the reviewer produced. This might stress the load on the DB so it could be calculated once a day and then taken into account.

Because some people then might find it difficult to find new reviews, it should of course be possible to sort the reviews by date and review rating and maybe then also by "reviewer quality".