Some kind of mark for "Original language" [closed]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Yidaki2

Some kind of mark for "Original language" [closed]

Post by Yidaki2 »

Some animes are made in another language then it's country of origin, like "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" and "Moomin".
And more animes are made in another language then japanese for other reasons, like "Oseam" and "Animatrix".
These animes are also available in both it's original language, and another language (most often japanese).
So something to tell what language is the original for that particular anime, would be appreciated :)

I have a feeling that the Tatu anime will be available in Russian, American, and Japanese.
Just to make it easy on us ;)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Wouldn't an "Originally recorded in (language)"-passage in the description be enough, considering how few entries are affected by this?
yidaki

Post by yidaki »

wahaha wrote:Wouldn't an "Originally recorded in (language)"-passage in the description be enough, considering how few entries are affected by this?
yeah, i guess so. :-/

but a field that can be empty if it's japanese and filled with another language if it's another language would be simpler.

eh, just a suggestion.
if it makes things complicated, ignore me :)
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

I'd rather unify this feauture request with the other old requests regarding sub/dub language lists. If it were possible to assign an arbitrary number of sub and dub languages to a file, it'd be simple to extend that feauture by an "original language" flag - in fact, that would even be required.
yidaki

Post by yidaki »

I just saw that someone had added "ki fighter taerang", a local korean anime.

It's almost like there's so many korean animes they make up their own genre :D

not everyone knows taerang is korean, and if they see it in jap dub now, they'll think that is the original dub and they will prefer it over american dub.
tipsy turvy.
most people hate english dubs, but it doesnt seem like they do with jap dubs...or they are just ignorant, and then a feature like this one could help. :)

I'm not sure I understand what those language lists would do.
Would it be like a list on the server, with a number for each language, and then a drop-down menu for the web-side?
or how is it supposed to be displayed?