remove hentai from anime hint? [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

sothis

remove hentai from anime hint? [DONE]

Post by sothis »

i dislike hentai, and so far when using the anime hint system, hentai seems to show up occasionally. i know tweaking the hint system based on lots of factors might be a pain, but i request that at least for hentai, there is an option of removing it completely. i'd rather have a list of series i would actually watch, rather than clicking a link thinking it's a series i might see, and having hentai show up :p

any chance this would be done in the future?
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

I second that feauture request - altho I ended up downloading a few hentais the Anime Hint recommended to me because there was nothing else with a rating above 6 left do download. :oops:
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

"But mom, there was nothing else left to download, I had to get it !!1!1!one!"

*snicker*
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

let me third that request.
Skywalka wrote:"But mom, there was nothing else left to download, I had to get it !!1!1!one!"

*snicker*
:lol:
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

I've been asking for this since the start of the anime hint. So count me in. :)
egg

Post by egg »

I've never had a Hentai show up... I guess I just don't vote the same as Hentai viewers (or I've already watched all the good ones :oops:).

The showing of hentais should be configurable, maybe dependant on the setting in mylist about hentais...
sothis

Post by sothis »

yeah, i actually voted for quite a few more series now, and now my list is like, 1/4th hentai -_-

really does suck cause it uses up so much space that could be filled with regular series :)

indeed, configurable was what i was getting at... some option you could at least turn off
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

An additional checkbox besides the filter-dropdown would be enough, eh?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Never seen a Hentai in my list (at least in the first 20~30 titles). 8)
bbaab

Post by bbaab »

Can I get the reverse (that is, "show only hentai" or alternatively "show only anime with the genre of ..."), too? おねがい ... :D
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

...Never had the problem myself, what have you voted for to give you hentai recommendations sothis? Having said that, Card Captor Sakura has been doggedly sitting at the top of my rec. list for a while, and I can't for the life of me work out why. Seeing as most hentai in the seems to have a rating of 6 or less, I'm suprised it gets recommended to anyone.

On a similar line though I've asked for an advanced search filter before, as I like short ovas, but that tends to turn up more h than anything else. Which is annoying.

Rar
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Rar wrote:Seeing as most hentai in the seems to have a rating of 6 or less, I'm suprised it gets recommended to anyone.
Rar
I have made ~600 votes and 1/3 of the hints I get are hentai. :roll:
sothis

Post by sothis »

rar: i havent voted for basically anything ecchi or hentai, at all.. that's why its ridiculous i'm getting so much hentai in my list. i have voted for approximately 130 series so far.. including rare things, horror, sci fi, drama, comedy, you name it.
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you all, I also support your request too sothis :)
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

sothis wrote:rar: i havent voted for basically anything ecchi or hentai, at all.. that's why its ridiculous i'm getting so much hentai in my list.
...but maybe that's why they do appear on your list? Perhaps you need to watch a few, and give them low ratings -- then they should disappear from your list, as your voting behavior no longer matches users who like hentai. ;)