On files types like avi and mkv.

everything else :P

Moderator: AniDB

55thnich

On files types like avi and mkv.

Post by 55thnich »

MOst of you guys get avi files or mkv files?
Usually i will get avi when there are no HD mkv files. Or if there is i will get both.

About mkv subs, wad can be done to the subs they overlap each other??
ricce

Post by ricce »

Are you using VLC?

Try cccp (if you are using Windows) or mplayer (for any other OS).

http://www.cccp-project.net/
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

The problem is that VLC doesn't (fully) support ASS/SSA subtitles that can be styled and placed in the video a desired position by the fansubber's typesetter.

Many fansubbers also mux a unstyled subtitle stream, if more then one subtitle stream exists you can try to change to the other one.
55thnich

Post by 55thnich »

yea, i'm using VLC player... And it sucks when two subtitles overlap and cant see anything...

I have problems deciding what files to get because of this!!! Btw, what is the differences between softsubs and hardsubs?
ricce

Post by ricce »

softsubs is a subtitletrack where the subtitles are saved in text format, and on playtime painted on top of the video. VLC and other players gives you a choice to remove softsubs and play without subtitles.

hardsubs are hardcoded into the video and is a part of the video track, and can therefor not be removed.
55thnich

Post by 55thnich »

i found out after dling zoom player. So mkv files are better.
VLC player caused me lots of trouble... Re-dling mkv files again. As some are HD-raw sources.

I found out that media classic player is alot better than zoom player. In terms of the picture quality when switch to full screen. Did anyone found out?

Thanks for your help ricce!!!
kidan

Post by kidan »

As the cpu in my xbox is too weak for h264 I usually go for XviD which are usually packed in avi containers but I do not mind mkv or ogm with XviD video+softsubs either.