Making OGM and MKVs work for PSPs.

everything else :P

Moderator: AniDB

kinglink

Making OGM and MKVs work for PSPs.

Post by kinglink »

I'm trying to get MKVs and OGMs to work for my PSP. This is obviously for anime but the technology is the problem.

I've been having some problems with Riverpast's crazy video for PSP (ok it's NEVER worked so don't suggest it unless you have advice. I'm using 1.7 of it. videos don't encode right, don't get included right, or don't play)

Is there any software anyone knows of that will allow me to convert from MKV and OGM to PSP format that will allow me to select audio stream and subtitles streams with realitive ease.

If you really can't think of one, is there any software that will allow me to do bulk encodes from MKV and OGM to AVI so I can go from there to the MP4 psp format. By bulk, I mean something that is easy to add the files in selections and then select the correct streams perferably by folder or set of files. Note I need the subtitles to go into the AVIs or some easy way to move them back tot he the PSP format (MP4)

And no please don't say I should monkey with FFMPEG settings or stuff because most of the time the settings can change from file to file and I really hate dealing with FFMPEG settings in a secondary setting system.

If it matters my PSP Firmware 2.6. I'm willing to use Eloader if there's a video player that will work (though I've yet to hear of one that takes MKVs and I'd rather reconvert them anyways)

Any other cool apps might be interesting to meantion for an anime fan is welcomed as well.
kidan

Post by kidan »

Doom9.org would be a better place to ask.
debro

Post by debro »

i am not sure but what is the CPU power on PSP?

back when i had a 466Mhz computer all ogm files were laggy so i hated them.

if you simply want to convert your files fast and easy look for a program called lathe.

there is a free version of it as well but with another name, if I am not mistaking pocket Divx Convertor.
eliasna

Post by eliasna »

if the PSP can run 3D games fast like Wipeout I think it can run OGM and MKV.
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

The container does not necessarily say something about how good it can be played. More important is what codec is used(h.264 needs much more CPU Power as Xvid, but the file is smaller) and how big the video is.
Regularly the audio is negligible.

For example, it is recommended that you have at least a 3 GHz Processor to play an HTDV 1080p movie, which is encoded in something like h.264.