Move vote bitching

everything else :P

Moderator: AniDB

Xate

Post by Xate »

(my first post here on this forum)

greetings :))

it has come 2 my attention that the Voting system is being badly abused, which 2 me is frustrating.

ill take take the top 10 anime titles as an example.if u give these titles a 1 in rating, my question is... wtf r u even doing on ANIDB ? if u HATE some of the best titles?

but ofc every1 should be able 2 vote however they want, but 2 me giving such popular titles a 1 in rating is just abusing.

so 2 sum it up, my suggestion is 2 implement some system that makes u REQUIRED 2 make a got damn strong motivation if u wanna give an anime such low rating, especialy these titles that the overhelming majority rate 9-10.

if the motivation isnt convincing(which id be suprised if they were) then ud be unable 2 give a such low rating.

taste n judgements arent factors in these cases n wouldnt be affected by such system, so it would be beneficial 2 all ANIDB fans that actauly LIKE anime =)

over n out
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

So you want to check tens of thousands of vote comments on thousands of anime? You'll need an army of mods to get everything checked, so I doubt it will work.
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

omg no dat 2 much werk 4 da modz

I mean, that's a bit too much work for the moderation staff to deal with.
cenedra

Post by cenedra »

well, they MAY be abusing the ratings, as i'm sure some do.. but maybe they REALLY just didn't like the anime? just because it's 'mainstream popular' doesn't guarentee a unanimous 10... some of the 1's and 2's are probably just personal opinions, and isn't that the purpose of the rating scale to begin with?
Xate

Post by Xate »

u gotta draw the line somewhere, obviously u cant make every1 motivate their low rating on all anime, but rather on the most popular ones is where it should apply, the anime titles with most votes.

and when it comes 2 the most popular titles like for example, Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1, (just an example since its highly rated and very well knowned n popular), there is no way u can rate it 1/10 and have a slightest interest in anime what so ever, even the majority of ppl that havent seen a single title of anime before like it.

there is also a big differnce in giving a title a low rating cus u didnt personally like it for some wierd reason, even though its a great title in all aspects, but giving such masterpiece a 1/10, aint gonna happen.

now why in hell did this thread get moved 2 Small Talk ?
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

Xate wrote:u gotta draw the line somewhere, obviously u cant make every1 motivate their low rating on all anime, but rather on the most popular ones is where it should apply, the anime titles with most votes.

and when it comes 2 the most popular titles like for example, Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1, (just an example since its highly rated and very well knowned n popular), there is no way u can rate it 1/10 and have a slightest interest in anime what so ever, even the majority of ppl that havent seen a single title of anime before like it.

there is also a big differnce in giving a title a low rating cus u didnt personally like it for some wierd reason, even though its a great title in all aspects, but giving such masterpiece a 1/10, aint gonna happen.

now why in hell did this thread get moved 2 Small Talk ?
This is just asinine. An anime being popular doesn't make it better. Just because YOU think an anime is a masterpiece doesn't make it so, and everyone's entitled to their opinions, which is all that voting is in the first place. Man, the arrogance of some people is overwhelming.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

It's been moved to Small Talk because this idea isn't going to work. I don't understand why this thing isn't being locked.
Xate

Post by Xate »

Neko-nub

sigh....

when an anime vet comes with a good suggestion, dont feed me bullshit, isntead try 2 listen :)
cenedra

Post by cenedra »

what do you mean, nub? i think it's spelled 'newb' but thats assuming that you were referring to his 10-post status...

but you have 3, so....

i guess you wouldn't have, couldn't have, possibly meant that..

dude is right, this should be locked, since it is no longer constructive to anything but people's ego-bashing...
Xate

Post by Xate »

*sigh sigh sigh*

when tEH pr0 comes with suggestions, show some respect kk ? less none beneficial whine just cus u dont get me o.O , talking about post count n shit, im ashamed we share the same interest!

the cock has spoken kk (probably last time here,hope ya happy nubs)
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Xate wrote:*sigh sigh sigh*

when tEH pr0 comes with suggestions, show some respect kk ? less none beneficial whine just cus u dont get me o.O , talking about post count n shit, im ashamed we share the same interest!

the cock has spoken kk (probably last time here,hope ya happy nubs)
You're no pro. You're an illiterate gimp with a protruding ego.
cenedra

Post by cenedra »

aah, sq, i love that, can i use that quote sometime?

<worship>
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Go ahead, but I'm sure I could have done better :\
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

ROFL I'm a DVDrip provider, bitch, how about you, Mr. Pro? My total anime list with my hentai account reaches 770 anime titles. I have the respect of some of the best groups, including A-L. Do you have anything to provide besides a mylist consisting of more than 3 titles? I even have more votes than you, not like votes mean anything (case in point).

Who's the fucking n00b now?
cenedra

Post by cenedra »

8O
wow, i only have 320 series'... geez, i thought i had a lot, lol

dude, you are at LEAST a demigod, heh