High School Senior Project

everything else :P

Moderator: AniDB

Deathstrik

High School Senior Project

Post by Deathstrik »

I am currently researching and trying to find more resources for the comparison between Japanese and American animation. I am to have at least two interviews (either announced or already done) for my project by the14 of March. It is currently harder to find any people to interview when it comes to the history and knowledge of Japanese animation. I don't really want to change the topic for my Senior Project because anime is something that I enjoy and is something I want to spread among my peers since not many are familiar with anime. Seeing that this is a sucessful website with the database of anime currently available and airing in Japan, I was wondering if the anyone could do an interview and possibly refer me to Japanese animators or someone with expertise in the Japanese Animation field. It would give me great appreciation if you could. Thank you for your time
-Deathstrik
my contact information if you could in anyway help me:
infinitestorm at gmail.com

Again I really appreciate any help that I recieve. :D
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

Try to get an interview with a company representative of one of the licensing companies: Geneon, ADV, Funimation, Bandai, TRSI, MediaBlasters etc
I highly doubt you'll get contacts to somebody in the Japanese Industry unless you speak and write fluent Japanese.

Good place to start: animeondvd.com forums and maybe animenewsnetwork.com forums. You'll find only people who pirate the content here, so unless an interview with a random dude from the internet is sufficient for you, you're wrong here.

CU,
lamer_de
Rotex

Post by Rotex »

well if you could, just call one of the companys and ask if you could interview someone, its usually that simple cause they love public relations, plus it will get them more people to buy their products which is good for them