Bug in "Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch"...

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

beeras

Bug in "Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch"...

Post by beeras »

I found one big bug!
When I click an episode 25 and click "GG" group, in anime "Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch", it transfer me to episode 24. So I can't take episode 25. Can you fix it...?
czpetab

Post by czpetab »

As you might have noticed from air dates (both are 21.07.2007), episode 24 of CG was combined with episode 25. So there's no file for episode 25, it was released as "[gg]​_Code​_Geass​_24-25​_[00000000].​mkv" (the CRC is real). It's true that the way how the joint episodes are now handled by anidb is confusing, it used to be different. I don't know if it's CG specific or part of the changes on anidb, can't remember any other anime with joint episodes atm. The only indication of an episode being a joint one I found is that it has "Related episodes" info in file details.

Edit: according to anidb wiki, there should be a file comment indicating the episode is a joint one: http://wiki.anidb.net/w/Files:Multi-episode_files (case 2). But I don't see such comments even in the referenced Prince of Tennis (eps 177-178) or Ebichu. But maybe I'm just being blind and stupid again.
Last edited by czpetab on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

it's not strange, there's only one file id for both ep 24 and 25 (as was pointed, it was double ep), by default files that span more than 1 episode are added to the first episode, in this case 24, and the site simply takes the reference to episode 25 and also displays the file there.

So if you click the file info page on episode 25 it's just natural it points to episode 24, as it was added there. You can confirm this by checking the related episodes table on the file info page.

Also the old way was a mess, generic files, filler eps, etc.. this way is much more file oriented than the old ep oriented way.
hrvoje

Post by hrvoje »

i agree that it's much better now but there's one thing that needs to be done to make it better. when you add those double episodes to mylist it counts as only one episode eg. double episode file for episode 24/25 of code geass adds only episode 24 to mylist (although everything looks fine on anime page). because of that you still have to manually add generic file for episode 25 to have all episodes in mylist and only then you can mark anime as completely watched.
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

hrvoje wrote:i agree that it's much better now but there's one thing that needs to be done to make it better. when you add those double episodes to mylist it counts as only one episode eg. double episode file for episode 24/25 of code geass adds only episode 24 to mylist (although everything looks fine on anime page). because of that you still have to manually add generic file for episode 25 to have all episodes in mylist and only then you can mark anime as completely watched.
Actually, that's not true. You don't need to add a generic file anymore. I don't have a generic file for ep 25 (I had but I removed it as it is no longer needed), nor do I have generic files for Arslan Senki even though the files are for eps 1 and 4 only (each file contains 3 eps). Yet both animes say I have seen all eps according to mylist entires, not just anime pages.

So the file counts for all eps. But you may have to wait a little bit for it, or you can mark the entire anime deleted/on cd/on hdd (whatever is appropriate for your files).

Also if you mark such a file "watched", initially it may affect only the ep to which it is added. For example, when I marked this file watched the first three eps were marked watched. However when I marked this file watched only ep 4 was marked watched, but not eps 5 and 6. When I marked all files deleted all eps were shown as watched, without me doing anything.

In short, even something seems wrong at first, wait a little bit and it should get fixed on its own.
czpetab

Post by czpetab »

I'm not saying the former way (using generic files) was better, I just think it would be good to indicate somewhere that the file is a joint episode. It seems that use of file comments like "Episode XX-YY" is now deprecated (the article recommending their use was still on wiki at the time of writing my previous comment). I understand I can tell a file is a joint episode because files for the joint episodes have the same FID (which requires to expand two episodes and compare FIDs), but I still believe some tag would be nice, e.g. some icon hinting this file is a joint episode, something similar to the "this episode is a recap" icon. But that's just old dumb me.
hrvoje wrote:i agree that it's much better now but there's one thing that needs to be done to make it better. when you add those double episodes to mylist it counts as only one episode eg. double episode file for episode 24/25 of code geass adds only episode 24 to mylist (although everything looks fine on anime page). because of that you still have to manually add generic file for episode 25 to have all episodes in mylist and only then you can mark anime as completely watched.
Not sure what you mean here. Speaking about gg's Code Geass, it does behave like complete both in My List (Eps: 25/25, Seen: 25/25 in green color, it gets hidden when I click Hide Watched, and it displayed "!" in My Vote after I removed my vote) and on anime page in MyList Info and I've never added any generic file to any anime.
I don't have AOM available atm so I can't check how AOM treats it, but that would belong to another thread anyway.
kidan

Post by kidan »

I think it would be clear, if we would list the file in ep25-view as well, but "grayed out" so that you see it's only a shadow of the file from ep 24.
hrvoje

Post by hrvoje »

shadowblack wrote:In short, even something seems wrong at first, wait a little bit and it should get fixed on its own.
I removed generic file for episode 25 now. From mylist:

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch 24/25+5 24/24+1

It was green with generic file, now it isn't. I'll try to wait as you said, maybe it'll fix itself. Although, if I expand Code Geass, episode 25 is listed and marked as watched.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

1. yes, it is a bit confusing and should be indicated better. we just haven't bothered to style it yet.

2. mylist status is partially fixed. adding/updating several at once is fixed, one by one is not fixed yet (it will fix itself after a while, though).
beeras

Post by beeras »

Now when I downloaded the file, I see that files are connected.
But anyway thanks for info.