[bug] myreviews votes

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

pakxenon

[bug] myreviews votes

Post by pakxenon »

(I would use the tracker, but I don't know which category to put it in... none seem valid for my reason. ;_;)

For some reason, valid commented votes for my reviews are not adding up to the review's overall rating, and there's one with an absurd number for the actual number that it was voted for.

For my School Days review, I have SIX votes for it, yet only 4 are counted (and I was wondering why it was still "unrated" even at the fifth vote). Same with my Gurren Lagann review - one vote/comment is discounted and it's 2/3.

Also, either anidb uses a very strange algorithm, or somebody did two votes in one. My Seto no Hanayome review has an only 8, but shows up as a 5.05.

My username here is the same as my username.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Well, SD is now at 7 votes. It will probably be rated, but it's still discounting 2 votes. :(
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

that's how the rating system works. we know it gives weird results for few votes
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

epoximator wrote:that's how the rating system works. we know it gives weird results for few votes
It always gives 'weird' results, actually, due to the rating system. It`s just more obvious in reviews with few votes since they don`t get approved while they used to be.

And oh, the issue has already been added to the tracker in here - a while ago by me. It just doesn`t look like it`ll be changed unfortunately.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

It's not a bug, it's a flawed voting algorithm, it's slightly better for group votes and anime votes but totally broken for review votes.