Test Version anime3 Bugs

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

zeromind

no group

Post by zeromind »

in case an anime only has files with 'no group', there is no groupbox - and thus no link to show all 'no group' files either (e.g. Sasami -Mahou Shoujo Club- 2)
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

egg wrote:1) Show all does not always work for the group status. For instance: Death Note if you click show all, and expand episode 1, you will see a number of groups under the episode that are not listed with the groups.
Fixed, bad logic on my part was making this happen
egg wrote:2) Fold all, it is not clear what this will do from the label, and if you do not have any group expanded, all it appears to do is alternate the lines that are shaded. It should probably be disabled unless something is expanded. Also maybe it should be labeled something like "hide unselected" (not good but better than fold all).
Changed text to "show default". Also fixed the script to actually show the default groups, when epox added the "show all files by group" feature i had to make some changes to the way i handled "no group" and forgot to update some code to reflect that change.
I'm still missing code to fold the group list if show=anime3 is called with showallag=1.
egg wrote:3) Show all does not reformat the columns. Look at Kino no Tabi. If you click show all, then some of the columns run into the other columns.
Fixed, had to rewrite the group list table upon the first "show all", didn't do that from the start because I'm lazy :P.
egg wrote:4) Sorting is wrong after you click show all, the new rows are not sorted. See either Death Note or Kino no Tabi.
Fixed also, will be slower on first "show all" than before because on top of doing the rewrite of the table i also resort according the current sort
egg wrote:5) After doing a show all, on Kino no Tabi there are two "no groups" expanding. If you expand the top one it apparently does nothing. If you expand the bottom one then it will show the generics. After that, then either one will show the generics, the generics don't go away unless you click both of them off. If you expand something else (for instance a4e), and then it will say "x files not shown". Now each time you click to expand or collapse one of the no groups the number of files increments by one.
Fixed, see #2 note.
egg wrote:6) Expanding a group should probably override the deprecated files hiding. If you expand something, then it should show even if it is deprecated (unless it is deprecated because it is an older version).
i see what you mean, I'll see if i can do something, it's related to the one below though.
egg wrote:7) I find I want to do a combination of looking at the various groups for an episode AND looking at certain groups. This is hard to do (you can expand the ep first, then expand the group, then click show all and it will display all groups for that ep, but...) What I would like to see is something like one of these (depending on the state) below each ep:
x filtered files not shown - show hidden files - show all groups
x files not shown - show hidden files - show only filtered groups
hide deprecated files - show all groups
hide deprecated files - show only filtered groups
so you can toggle on/off deprecated file and/or all/filtered groups for an ep.
This one is the harder atm, because i don't have much free time atm but to do what you want It would probably be better to implement some interface to this.
I think it would solve a lot of file filtering related requests and add some random features :P.
egg wrote:There is some other funny stuff, if you keep clicking you end up in funny situations, but they are harder to reproduce, and fixing these other things will probably help with those.
If you have more do tell :)
egg

Post by egg »

fahrenheit wrote:This one is the harder atm, because i don't have much free time atm but to do what you want It would probably be better to implement some interface to this.
I think it would solve a lot of file filtering related requests and add some random features :P.
  • Deprecated - this filter marks files as deprecated
  • Unfiltered - this one checks which files don't get filtered
  • Visible - checks to see which files even if marked as to be hidden should be displayed
  • Hidden - hides files based on user preferences
So you are saying that there would be 4 different options and you could toggle on/off these independently, or do you have to choose between them.

If you can toggle each one individually, then that would work. (although I don't know what visible means. For useful toggles I would suggest:
  • show/hide on mylist (sometimes you may have files that are not displayed with the current options in mylist, for instance deprecated)
  • show/hide filtered
  • show/hide all languages
  • show/hide deprecated
Files that fall under multiple filters can be a little confusing, for instance something that is deprecated AND in a different language probably wouldn't show unless both are shown.
fahrenheit wrote:If you have more do tell :)
We'll see the next time I get into it. I got some stuff in a bad condition before, but I wasn't quite sure how I got there. Some of them started with the bugs above though, so since they are already fixed maybe I won't get into those situations...
egg

Post by egg »

Well, I found the first issue... If you click show all for the group status, then you cannot expand any of the groups.

BTW, I would like a show completed to show just the groups that are completed.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

egg wrote:So you are saying that there would be 4 different options and you could toggle on/off these independently, or do you have to choose between them.
Independent filters with independent rules.
Deprecated marks files as deprecated, meaning they get the deprecated class name added to their row and if you have the profile option that hides deprecated files they will be hidden.
Unfiltered files you get caught in this filter are marked as not deprecated even if they are for some reason.
Visible if you have hide deprecated files, there are some files which should never be hidden, that's what this filter does
Hidden your personal hide filters would normally go here.

Even if i say hidden is the default filter everyone would use, any of the other filters can be altered as you wish.
egg wrote:For useful toggles I would suggest:
  • show/hide on mylist (sometimes you may have files that are not displayed with the current options in mylist, for instance deprecated)
  • show/hide filtered
  • show/hide all languages
  • show/hide deprecated
Files that fall under multiple filters can be a little confusing, for instance something that is deprecated AND in a different language probably wouldn't show unless both are shown.
So, you are suggesting something as filter templates?
egg wrote:Well, I found the first issue... If you click show all for the group status, then you cannot expand any of the groups.
fixed
egg wrote:BTW, I would like a show completed to show just the groups that are completed.
added a nice state filter for groups :P
egg

Post by egg »

So you are talking about different kinds of filters the user could define? I was thinking of something more like what you did with the group state filter where you could choose to show/hide various files based on their state. I figured that each ep would have a series of icons to turn on/off various filters. The last line would be:
x files not shown - A list of filter buttons instead of the "show all files"
My wording was just suggestions of what those would be.

Thanks for the state filter for the groups, I was expecting for it just to go on a wishlist (at best on a to do list). It would be nice though if those were toggles to turn off and on (especially when you click on the wrong thing). Finally there is at least one more state: "specials only".

Thanks for all your hard work. I know it is hard to keep things going regularly; to take arbitrary input and turn it around like this is really outstanding.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

egg wrote:So you are talking about different kinds of filters the user could define? I was thinking of something more like what you did with the group state filter where you could choose to show/hide various files based on their state. I figured that each ep would have a series of icons to turn on/off various filters. The last line would be:
x files not shown - A list of filter buttons instead of the "show all files"
My wording was just suggestions of what those would be.
It's an idea, i'll work it out when i have time as file filters require lots of time and on finals that isn't really an option :P
egg wrote:Thanks for all your hard work. I know it is hard to keep things going regularly; to take arbitrary input and turn it around like this is really outstanding.

By the way, added the specials only filter, made it a on/off thing (there should be a different background color when selected), also fixed the script that re-sorted the group list to keep the previous selected order.
Also i did something to the mylist box to give a better overview of the files of a given anime.

New bugs btw:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 3&aid=2429

* the mylist info on the group list isn't taking into account generic files
* if you expand by a group (say, A-E) and expand a generic episode, say 11, there will be files there, well, they aren't exactly there as they are file->ep relations..
* the icons in each ep row should be better aligned

Will fix this more or less on a find the code that handles the problem when i have the time and fix it.
egg

Post by egg »

fahrenheit wrote:By the way, added the specials only filter, made it a on/off thing (there should be a different background color when selected), also fixed the script that re-sorted the group list to keep the previous selected order.
Also i did something to the mylist box to give a better overview of the files of a given anime.
Looks good so far. I will keep using it and let you know what I find. Thanks.
worf

Post by worf »

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 3&aid=2429

Expanding a group doesnt work anymore in IE7. Gives JS error "file.length is null or no object"
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

worf wrote:http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 3&aid=2429

Expanding a group doesnt work anymore in IE7. Gives JS error "file.length is null or no object"
fixed
egg

Post by egg »

Here is a mylist calculating oddity...

I don't know why it has 1-3 for K-F (they started at 11). The 216 is a filler ep for a double ep, and you have mentioned that bug, I was not sure if the 1-3 was related somehow.

BTW, expanding K-F, I waited for over 30 minutes and it did not update. I then expanded another group, and it showed K-F only up to ep 189.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

egg wrote:Here is a mylist calculating oddity...

I don't know why it has 1-3 for K-F (they started at 11). The 216 is a filler ep for a double ep, and you have mentioned that bug, I was not sure if the 1-3 was related somehow.

BTW, expanding K-F, I waited for over 30 minutes and it did not update. I then expanded another group, and it showed K-F only up to ep 189.
I did some changes a couple of hours ago, i tried to guess completeness of group files in case there were double eps filled in by generics, by adding the said generics to count.
I used as base that a group would has subbed all the anime.. And forget cases where a group started from some ep.

I'll revert the changes. In any case you can see exactly which files that you have from that group by hovering on the * 1-10, 216 *.

I've uploaded the revert in the meanwhile.
egg

Post by egg »

fahrenheit wrote:I'll revert the changes. In any case you can see exactly which files that you have from that group by hovering on the * 1-10, 216 *.

I've uploaded the revert in the meanwhile.
I do see the number of files when I hover over it...

The reverted one now shows:
* 1-3, 11-215, 217-224 *
and
* 1-10 *

So it still has the 1-3... I just figured that out, the 1-3 is for the specials...

BTW, I wouldn't be too concerned about reverting, it is a test system after all...
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

Code: Select all

<span title="Files in mylist: 2 : 1-2" class="null">1-
function (it)
{
for (var i = 0, l = this.length;i < l;i++)
{
if (this[i] === it)
{
return i;
}
}
return - 1;
}
</span>