Test Version anime3 Bugs

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

egg

Test Version anime3 Bugs

Post by egg »

Sometimes groups are not displayed in the Group Status table. For instance for this Afro-Ken does not display the group A-Classic on the anime3 page, even though it is in my list (and it is the ONLY group to sub this anime).
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

the data is part of the underlying xml though,
see: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=4941

So maybe there is a bug in the js which prevents groups to show up if only a single group has subbed a series?

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »

exp wrote:So maybe there is a bug in the js which prevents groups to show up if only a single group has subbed a series?
No, I originally saw the problem with other anime with a lot of groups. This was just a fairly clean example, so I thought it might be easier to debug.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Yeah, I noticed thiw with a few too. Need more reports of this bug?
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

there is no need, thanks anyway.

it was a line that i had removed sometime ago but crawled back in after a laptop/main pc sync.

should be fixed now.

Feel free to point out more bugs :)
worf

Post by worf »

A few bugs i noticed yesterday:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 3&aid=4563

Expand episode 36 and the files under it. You'll notice that you cant expand one of the files.

And the other thing is that the video resolution is always 1:1. 704x704, 1024x1024, ...
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

worf wrote:And the other thing is that the video resolution is always 1:1. 704x704, 1024x1024, ...
fixed, there was a typo and because of that i was getting the width also for height, it's all right now.
worf wrote:http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 3&aid=4563

Expand episode 36 and the files under it. You'll notice that you cant expand one of the files.
i can't seem to replicate this one, i can expand both 335733 and 335735 (which, btw, will show each other), were you talking about some other issue?

btw you can also use the expand bit:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... #eid_73674
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

File relation of type "undefined" "undefined" with file id "undefined"

File relation of type "external-sub-for" "<=" with file id "335733"
Has external sub (335733)
Is external sub for ...

Doesn't respect "Layout options: Show table headers"
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

epoximator wrote:File relation of type "undefined" "undefined" with file id "undefined"

File relation of type "external-sub-for" "<=" with file id "335733"
Has external sub (335733)
Is external sub for ...
The cute thing it's working for me on firefox, maybe it's one of the funny issues... i'll fix it.
epoximator wrote:Doesn't respect "Layout options: Show table headers"
forgot that

edit:

Fixed some stuff in anime3

* resolution was 1:1 for width/height (worf)
* File relation of type "undefined" "undefined" with file id "undefined" (epoximator)
* Doesn't respect "Layout options: Show table headers" (epoximator)
* RAW wasn't being outputted in the ed2k links
* Episode numbering in the ed2k links was wrong
* Wasn't replacing spaces for underscores in ed2klinks
worf

Post by worf »

fahrenheit wrote:
worf wrote:http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 3&aid=4563

i can't seem to replicate this one, i can expand both 335733 and 335735 (which, btw, will show each other), were you talking about some other issue?
Didn't really check whats wrong there but now i noticed that it works in FX as expected but doesn't in IE7.
Screenshot: Image

Another thing i noticed is that the files are sorted by fid rather than by size which is pretty annoying since you cant sort the table by whatever column you want ...
Amour

Post by Amour »

worf wrote:Another thing i noticed is that the files are sorted by fid rather than by size which is pretty annoying since you cant sort the table by whatever column you want ...
I think he told me it would be fixed on next update.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

worf wrote:Didn't really check whats wrong there but now i noticed that it works in FX as expected but doesn't in IE7.
was IE and their beautiful DOM implementation... fixed anyways
worf wrote:Another thing i noticed is that the files are sorted by fid rather than by size which is pretty annoying since you cant sort the table by whatever column you want ...
like i said, it was either sorting or file relations, one of the two, stayed file relations, sorting went bye bye...

Though if you really really want to use buggy stuff:

javascript:init_sorting(document.getElementById('episode73674files'),'fid','up');

where the 73674 in episode73674files is the episode id, that will apply sorting to the file table of DN's ep 36.

As for the initial sorting being done by file size, that will be fixed in anidb version 0.1.37.

keep the bugs coming :P
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

fahrenheit wrote:keep the bugs coming :P
Wait, isn't that your pigeon?

Rar
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Rar wrote:
fahrenheit wrote:keep the bugs coming :P
Wait, isn't that your pigeon?

Rar
i really have no idea what you are talking about...
egg

Post by egg »

1) Show all does not always work for the group status. For instance: Death Note if you click show all, and expand episode 1, you will see a number of groups under the episode that are not listed with the groups.

2) Fold all, it is not clear what this will do from the label, and if you do not have any group expanded, all it appears to do is alternate the lines that are shaded. It should probably be disabled unless something is expanded. Also maybe it should be labeled something like "hide unselected" (not good but better than fold all).

3) Show all does not reformat the columns. Look at Kino no Tabi. If you click show all, then some of the columns run into the other columns.

4) Sorting is wrong after you click show all, the new rows are not sorted. See either Death Note or Kino no Tabi.

5) After doing a show all, on Kino no Tabi there are two "no groups" expanding. If you expand the top one it apparently does nothing. If you expand the bottom one then it will show the generics. After that, then either one will show the generics, the generics don't go away unless you click both of them off. If you expand something else (for instance a4e), and then it will say "x files not shown". Now each time you click to expand or collapse one of the no groups the number of files increments by one.

6) Expanding a group should probably override the deprecated files hiding. If you expand something, then it should show even if it is deprecated (unless it is deprecated because it is an older version).

7) I find I want to do a combination of looking at the various groups for an episode AND looking at certain groups. This is hard to do (you can expand the ep first, then expand the group, then click show all and it will display all groups for that ep, but...) What I would like to see is something like one of these (depending on the state) below each ep:
x filtered files not shown - show hidden files - show all groups
x files not shown - show hidden files - show only filtered groups
hide deprecated files - show all groups
hide deprecated files - show only filtered groups
so you can toggle on/off deprecated file and/or all/filtered groups for an ep.

There is some other funny stuff, if you keep clicking you end up in funny situations, but they are harder to reproduce, and fixing these other things will probably help with those.