Feature Request: quick review and anime pics

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

Boino

Feature Request: quick review and anime pics

Post by Boino »

how about a quick comment on the series, not just the subbers? so we know what people think of the series in generall and stuff....

and adding pictures of the series. i know this will be abit hard, since people that add animes probably don't have pictures of the anime, and if this where to be done by the mods, it would take years, but it could be put up like "add a file". the other problems that could occour is that the people that put up pictures put up wrong pictures or pictures that can reveal abit of the story. but then you can make up rules...
1. only from episode 1, and if it's from a movie or a ova, only from the first 10min.
2. if you post pictures from another anime to many times in the wrong place, your not allowed to post pics anymore (like the file add thing.).
3. keep a certain size and so on...

why a picture view?
i have offen experienced that i see a anime posted on anidb,and i really wonder if the picture posted by the author or whatever, is the same quallity as the anime in it self. i do know of other people who think the same way.
why a quick comment on the anime?
so people can comment on the drawing style and sutch. although it may be alittle vauge if they take the encode of the file as a comment on the anime style, but i think people will realize that they're not so smart.
you can add it as a extra thing on the review section or somthing like that..

soooo,what do you think?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

no animecomments/quick reviews for sure. we don't want to clone animenfo...
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

... and listing screenshots of an anime, while it might really be useful for some users, is just too risky copyright wise. Which is why we won't list more than the cover pics.

BYe!
EXP
Boino

Post by Boino »

exp wrote:... and listing screenshots of an anime, while it might really be useful for some users, is just too risky copyright wise. Which is why we won't list more than the cover pics.

BYe!
EXP
but very offen, there are preview pics at the back of the cover....
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Boino wrote:but very offen, there are preview pics at the back of the cover....
Exactly, so when you buy an anime DVD, don`t look at the back of the cover, because it will spoil the show for you. I still am completely clueless why they still put so many spoilers in the 'summary' at the back, really.
Boino wrote:so people can comment on the drawing style and sutch. although it may be alittle vauge if they take the encode of the file as a comment on the anime style, but i think people will realize that they're not so smart.
you can add it as a extra thing on the review section or somthing like that..
How about just including it in the review you can write? I mean, you`re free to tell about whatever you want to tell in a review, although most people prefer the absence of spoilers. I don`t see why it needs its own aspect, since it is already covered by the 'Animation' aspect, we elaborated on in the Review-guide.