avdump 0.30 bugs

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

sarelc

avdump 0.30 bugs

Post by sarelc »

congratulations on the new release epoximator! i don't see an avdump category on the bugtracker, so i this ended up posting this here.

i just tried out the new -done switch, and am happy to say it works as intended, but:
-it didn't seem to get added to the usage table on the wiki
-the CLI's help listing doesn't say it can take quotes (-done:"c:\program files\blah blah.txt" or such) or whether they're needed
-the files are added with the path (i.e. c:\anime\file.avi). i'm not sure if that's intended or not, but the result is if you move the file to a different folder it will still hash it again. i can see it being useful in a way (for example if you download a file, send it to avdump, then burn it to cd, and sometime later want to check it to make sure it matches), so i just wanted to know what your thoughts were on this.

also, i have the same question about -e (generate ed2k link). i don't use ed2k much so i'm not well versed on the formatting, but i don't see how putting the local path to a file in a network link would work. i've taken to using avdump's hashing instead of hashcalc (so that i don't have to assemble the ed2k link by hand, yay!), but i just wondered how anidb handles this when you're adding a new file - does it remove/ignore the path? i've been removing it manually (because i hate having to enter all the file info again) so i've never seen what happens.
suppy

Re: avdump 0.30 bugs

Post by suppy »

sarelc wrote:-it didn't seem to get added to the usage table on the wiki
It's a wiki. Add it yourself =)
sarelc wrote:also, i have the same question about -e (generate ed2k link). i don't use ed2k much so i'm not well versed on the formatting, but i don't see how putting the local path to a file in a network link would work. i've taken to using avdump's hashing instead of hashcalc (so that i don't have to assemble the ed2k link by hand, yay!), but i just wondered how anidb handles this when you're adding a new file - does it remove/ignore the path? i've been removing it manually (because i hate having to enter all the file info again) so i've never seen what happens.
The filename/path basically doesn't matter one whit with ed2k-links in the DB, except the extension. And I also agree: it is annoying that the entire path is in there as that makes it harder to copy/paste the link into correct fields when adding files because of the linebreaks.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Re: avdump 0.30 bugs

Post by epoximator »

sarelc wrote:-the files are added with the path (i.e. c:\anime\file.avi). i'm not sure if that's intended or not, but the result is if you move the file to a different folder it will still hash it again. i can see it being useful in a way (for example if you download a file, send it to avdump, then burn it to cd, and sometime later want to check it to make sure it matches), so i just wanted to know what your thoughts were on this.
it's intended. the option was not added to make a ever lasting db of all the files you got, but to make it possible to continue after a crash (or abort/whatever). so, in other words, a short term list; full path seemed more appropriate for that.

-done:"full path here" and "-done:full path" are both working, although not intended, just magically

if you're saying that it gives you full path in ed2k links (ed2k://|file|c:\a\b.c|...), then it's a bug. i can't reproduce it
sarelc

Post by sarelc »

@suppy, i know it is (a wiki), but it wouldn't do much good if i added it, with only a vague idea what the usage is. which ironically is because it's not in the usage chart, heh.
Epoximator wrote:to make it possible to continue after a crash [...] full path seemed more appropriate for that.
ah, that makes sense. i had a different usage in mind, where if you had several folders of files (original dl location, completed dl location, interim storage, overflow, etc.. yeah, i need more drive space :) and wanted to make sure they're all verbatim, it would skip the ones that avdump had already checked, such as files you added to anidb.

and as for the path in the ed2k link, you're right, it's gone. i was sure it was still doing it after updating to .30 but it seems i am crazy. so thanks for fixing that.