Rating Comments & Misc.

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

Bensam123

Rating Comments & Misc.

Post by Bensam123 »

I know you can write reviews for animes in anidb, but it would be nice if you could leave a little comment with your permanent rating without writing a review.

I find some animes aren't worth writing a review for, but it would be nice to leave a note for future watchers.

Not really related to the above suggestion. It would be nice if you could recieve a system message when a uncensored version of a censored file you have on your list or atleast a option for it.

The same could be said about sub/dub episodes of RAWs you have on file coming out in your specified language (eng, brazilian, spanish, etc.). A option if you want to be notified of dubs/subs/language.

This could also be relevant for a release coming out in .h264 of a file you already have (if thats possible) or a option for you to tag a file as low quality (for yourself) and the system will notify you when one of higher quality is available.

It would also be cool if a RSS feed could be made for your notifies instead of all new entries.
exp
Site Admin

Re: Rating Comments & Misc.

Post by exp »

Bensam123 wrote:I know you can write reviews for animes in anidb, but it would be nice if you could leave a little comment with your permanent rating without writing a review.

I find some animes aren't worth writing a review for, but it would be nice to leave a note for future watchers.
some people have requested a feature like this, however we're very relucant to add it, because we fear that it would lead to a lot of fanboy/hateboy flaming/spamming.
Bensam123 wrote:Not really related to the above suggestion. It would be nice if you could recieve a system message when a uncensored version of a censored file you have on your list or atleast a option for it.

The same could be said about sub/dub episodes of RAWs you have on file coming out in your specified language (eng, brazilian, spanish, etc.). A option if you want to be notified of dubs/subs/language.

This could also be relevant for a release coming out in .h264 of a file you already have (if thats possible) or a option for you to tag a file as low quality (for yourself) and the system will notify you when one of higher quality is available.
I agree that some of these might be usefull, however I am not sure if they could be implemented without a heavy performance penalty. The problem here is that all of these features would require accessing the actual file data for each user, at the point where a decision about notifies has to be made. The current system doesn't have to access the file level information.

On the other hand the amount of users who'd be enabling a feature like this would probably be realtively small. That might allow handling of things like this in an asynchronous matter via a cron job at specific times each day.
So in short, keep bugging me about it, and maybe I'll implement it someday :P
Bensam123 wrote:It would also be cool if a RSS feed could be made for your notifies instead of all new entries.
this has already been implemented, please refer to the "RSS/RDF Feed for Notifications" section in your AniDB profile.

BYe!
EXP
Bensam123

Post by Bensam123 »

Hmm... I'll look closer at my personal page.

One comment per vote, one vote per anime. You can't change or re-comment on a anime.

I know the system is already in place for commenting on groups and there are flames there already. I think the good would outweigh the bad, similar to Wiki.

Well the notify features aren't necessary, I'll just have to keep doing it the hard way which is once in a blue moon looking through my files for raws, and then comparing them to the entries on anidb. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this and finds it cumbersome. ;)
suppy

Post by suppy »

Bensam123 wrote:Well the notify features aren't necessary, I'll just have to keep doing it the hard way which is once in a blue moon looking through my files for raws, and then comparing them to the entries on anidb. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this and finds it cumbersome. ;)
Since you state that notification isn't that necessary, it would probably be much easier to request a mylist report of this kind of thing instead.