[BUG] IE 6.0 Main anime picture

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

NuclearToast

[BUG] IE 6.0 Main anime picture

Post by NuclearToast »

Its the strangest thing ive ever seen anidb do. Normaly your guys html code is flawless. This one just seemed strange, and that you may not be aware of it. The main image is shrunk only in IE 6.0 32bit however, if you right click on it, and click properties... it expands to be normal.

I do web design, and putting flexible (diff sized) images inside divs has always caused problems for me, perhaps putting the image inside a table inside the div, will add a tiny bit of code to the page, but possibly force the div to behave normaly ?

I havent updated to IE 7.0 yet due to the fact that im the last of our programming group that does web stuff to go to 7, we still need one machine at least for a few more weeks to test ie 6.0 code on.

Anyway... since its been a couple of weeks that this has been going on, i was wondering if you guys were aware of it.

(it works fine in my explorer 6.0 64 bit, but not the 32 bit version)
IE 6.0.3790.1830 is the 32 bit version im using.
NuclearToast

Post by NuclearToast »

Ok, with a bit of work with a friend of mine, the bug can be fixed by removing one tag, and it works across every browser from ie 4-ie7 and it also works in firefox...

in your css, THIS is what causes this exact bug

* html #layout-content div.anime_info div.image img
{
height: auto;
width: auto;
}

If you get rid of this (since auto is the default anyway, this is redundent code) it will fix the bug
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

done