[DONE] CRC value on mouse over 'valid crc' icon

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Eeve

[DONE] CRC value on mouse over 'valid crc' icon

Post by Eeve »

I think it would be useful if in file list (on animepages and mylist) there was shown crc value near "file matches official crc" text.

For example, if for a file with crc CCCC9999 there was 'file matches official crc; CCCC9999' text when i place my mouse over the 'valid crc' icon.

Here's the link to the tracker:
http://tracker.anidb.info/view.php?id=643

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

hi,

this was allready suggested, and is on the todo list, and well, the dev page already has this capability, so it's just a mather of time.
You just have to wait
Eeve

Post by Eeve »

Oh, that's great ! :) And thanks for replying. )
thrp

Post by thrp »

meanwhile you can do what i do... just hover the ed2k link and check the link in the browser status bar... most files have the crc in parenthesis in the filename.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

... which is basically the same, except that you hover you mouse over an ed2k-link instead of an ed2k-entry in AniDB. Therefore I don`t really see the value of implementing this, really ...

I mean, you can see whether it is crc verified or not based on the color of the entry, and you can hover your mouse over the ed2k-link, so why would we actually need to see the crc value when hovering 5 cm to the left as well?
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Gambit wrote:... which is basically the same, except that you hover you mouse over an ed2k-link instead of an ed2k-entry in AniDB. Therefore I don`t really see the value of implementing this, really ...

I mean, you can see whether it is crc verified or not based on the color of the entry, and you can hover your mouse over the ed2k-link, so why would we actually need to see the crc value when hovering 5 cm to the left as well?
well because one of the options i added to the ed2k links (or any kind of generated link) is the option to build your own costumized link, and if you want it doesn't need to have the crc field. So it makes sense, another point is that it doesn't cost me to add that to the crc icon title. and as i allread did the thing :P
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

fahrenheit wrote:well because one of the options i added to the ed2k links (or any kind of generated link) is the option to build your own costumized link, and if you want it doesn't need to have the crc field. So it makes sense, another point is that it doesn't cost me to add that to the crc icon title. and as i allread did the thing :P
In short: I`m too late to complain because you already made it :lol:
But no, I completely forgot about the filenames in the ed2k-link ... so it may be useful after all :)
suppy

Post by suppy »

@Gambit: I'd also point out that if you're on a small screen and the filename is long, you may not be able to see the CRC part when hovering over the link. And it's also more intuitive to find the CRC when you hover over that image.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

suppy wrote:@Gambit: I'd also point out that if you're on a small screen and the filename is long, you may not be able to see the CRC part when hovering over the link. And it's also more intuitive to find the CRC when you hover over that image.
also title tooltips often get cut after some size
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Anyways, implemented in AniDB Update - 0.1.35 - 13.05.2007