option to show only on cd/ on hdd /deleted in mylist [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

option to show only on cd/ on hdd /deleted in mylist [DONE]

Post by Der Idiot »

ok let me try to explain this. I want that my mylist shows me only my deleted episodes or my animes I have on cd and so on. like the "show only complete/incomplete" option.

Why?
Because I sometimes (more like always) forget to change the status of my files from on hdd to on cd or to deleted. Or sometimes I redecide that a anime is watchable even if I have deleted the first few episodes.
And so there might be several of my animes with a wrong status. ok I could just go through every anime and check it, but this would take like forever with around 4400 episodes in my list.

The only problem i see so far is if 1 anime has multiple status (statuses? I dunno :P). maybe we could put those under unknown

So this 4 options would be what I want:
show only anime on hdd
show only anime on cd
show only deleted anime
show only anime on unknown

would also be nice to see some stats regarding this. like 50% of your animes on cd 10% deleted... yeah I am a statistik freak :D

and sorry if anyone already requested this. couldn't find it.
kidan

Post by kidan »

btw. It is nice to set the status of files, but I think most people have set 'see filestate info' in their profile to real bad values (are the dafaults quite restrictive?), so that the info shown seems to be very inaccurate.
Imho hiding the file-state should not be possible towards other signed-up users.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Hm,

I'd rather not do that.
However I have been thinking about showing the state icon also for the anime entry in mylist (in order for ppl to see it even if the anime is not expanded). I think that would make your request obsolete (that is if i understood it correctly).
Well it's not easy to implement so that feature might still take some time but it is on the todo list.
kidan wrote:btw. It is nice to set the status of files, but I think most people have set 'see filestate info' in their profile to real bad values (are the dafaults quite restrictive?), so that the info shown seems to be very inaccurate.
Imho hiding the file-state should not be possible towards other signed-up users.
I am not sure if i understand you correctly.
Are you suggesting that the user numbers on the expanded anime page are inaccurate because of the users profile settings?
If so, you're wrong. The profile settings only prevent a user from being shown in the list you get when you click the usernumber link.
And the see filestate info is only used when other ppl take a look at the mylist of that user.

BYe!
EXP
kidan

Post by kidan »

@exp: Ok, if it is this way, then just a lot of people do not enter the file-state. Perhaps there should be an explanation, why this state should be held accurate.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Personally I`d like to see us able to assign a filestatus on irc as well. If you add a file you might want to add 'on cd', 'on hd' or so.
But I think you kicked me for that before ;)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Gambit wrote:Personally I`d like to see us able to assign a filestatus on irc as well. If you add a file you might want to add 'on cd', 'on hd' or so.
But I think you kicked me for that before ;)
nah, it's ontodo, just hasn't any real priority :P

BYe!
EXP
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

You could add a dropdown or array of checkboxes to the mylist that allows users to filter their own mylist, e.g. to show only those files that are still "unknown".

On a second note, I'd love to have an additional file state: "to download" or "todo" or whatever. Basically, a feauture that prevents the stats (% seen, GB in mylist, ...) from going haywire when I add files to the mylist that I do not yet have.

While I'm thinking, it'd probably also be nice to have a separate todo-list (well, just a link that sets the mylist to hide all but "todo"-files, in case you consider the idea with the array of checkboxes above).
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

do we still need a filter feature like this now that we have the state icon beside each anime title in mylist?

BYe!
EXP
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

nope. I'm 99% satisfied :D and the 1% which I don't like is the following:
if you have eps with different status (for example: some marked as deleted and some as on hdd) I see the following: "invalid state" in the animeentry and in mylist the icon is missing.
Is not a big problem. just change the "invalid state" to something like mixed and add an icon for this case. so not really a problem just something that was most likely forgotten ;)
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

I second that!! Maybe just the exclamation mark of the unknown icon ?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well feel free to submit an icon for this case @ mylist,
i'd use that one too @ anime entry.

BYe!
EXP
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Here it is Image
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Actually, I like it a lot that animes with mixed storage status don't display an icon in the mylist. Makes spotting them easier then a new icon since it's easier for the eye to catch an empty spot in a row of icons then a certain reddish icon. :P
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

so who want's an icon and who doesn't?

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I don't think an icon is needed, and the question mark could be confused with the unknown at first sight.