Option to change file ratings [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

shaydwyrm

Option to change file ratings [DONE]

Post by shaydwyrm »

I think it would be a good idea to be able to change your rating for an anime. I can think of several reasons why you might want to do this:

1) (Like me) you started rating series before reading the ratings guidelines, and later realized that your ratings were totally inappropriate.

2) You start out rating some anime very highly, and then later you watch another that's so spectacular that it puts the other one in perspective. This could work the other way around too - you see an anime that gives a new meaning to the bottom of the barrel.

3) You liked the first few episodes of a series, so you rate it well, and then it degenerates, and you decide that overall you didn't like it so much.

My 2 cents...
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Go to myplace, myvotes and click the revoke link besides the anime for which you wish to change your rating. When you next go to that anime, the rating box will be there just as if you had never voted.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

When I read all that, it sounds like a bit too much if you just want to change one vote... :roll: - It'd be nice to change a vote with the webinterface nearly as fast as with Chii (takes you one command).

So, to achieve that:
How about replacing the voting drop-down once you voted with something like: "Your Vote: (Number) (Description*) - [revoke]"?
It could also be placed after the "Rating: x (x votes)"-information instead.

[ * Description = unwatchable/.../decent/.../sugoi (masterpiece) ]
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

maybe one could show the default voting dropdown with your old vote preselected and a little entry for the vote date at the site.
you could then select another option and click the vote button again.
however, that will clutter the page again, maybe the revoke link after the rating colum might be a better idea after all.

BYe!
EXP
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

I second that. The option to add a little dropdownbox beside the revoke button would be a nice, simple solution.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I think an icon (for revoke) is better and easier.

BTW, I have no mail notifications from this new forum anymore. :?
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

DonGato wrote:I think an icon (for revoke) is better and easier.

BTW, I have no mail notifications from this new forum anymore. :?
Countermeasure so we don`t hear your bitching for everything :twisted:

But no, I could agree on the icon-thingy for revoke. But what would be an useful icon for it ?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

You already have the one of the delete file, but a simple box with a red cross can be another option.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

You mean this Image icon, right?
Yep, I agree, it doesn't make sense to have a new icon for every new feauture. Otherwhise, the site would look totally cluttered in a year. :mrgreen:
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

*implemented*

BYe!
EXP
kidan

Post by kidan »

Well, I think people should only vote for somethnig, if they have watched the complete anime. Otherwise you cannot jugde the anime as a whole.

PS: no need to enforce this.
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

kidan wrote:PS: no need to enforce this.
nice because I have lots on anime I voted that aren't even on MyList!
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

kidan wrote:Well, I think people should only vote for somethnig, if they have watched the complete anime. Otherwise you cannot jugde the anime as a whole.

PS: no need to enforce this.
That`s how I do it as well. Vote as you`ve finished watching it, and then in a little bit, writing a review about it since everything is still fresh in my mind.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

yeah,

but we can't force this as sometimes you have watched an anime completely but haven't added it to your mylist (i.e. bc the files are not listed on anidb and you were to lazy to add them }:o)
or maybe you've seen it on tv or even aren't using anidb to store a mylist at all but only to store your votes/reviews and maybe use anime hint.

BYe!
EXP