Long on-going series *only TEMP ratings*

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

markzor

Long on-going series *only TEMP ratings*

Post by markzor »

Okay.. This isn't fair?? I've been using anidb for quite a while now, and this is bugging me.. Series like One Piece and Naruto for e/g which are 200+ episodes should get a ranking for the top ten *if* the series has really good ratings. This is seriously bugging me cos series with good ratings should be up in the top ten because it's going to take yrs till the series it self is finished. I believe a popular series with high ratings, voted by thousands of people should get a place at the top ten

Here. let's compare one series with top 10 status and the series is already completed with one piece

One Piece (281 episodes and still going)
Ratings none (can't because the series isn't finished)
Tmp. Rating: 8.89 (2145 votes)

Mushishi (26 episodes completed)
Rating: 8.78 (761 votes)
Tmp. Rating: 8.69 (618 votes)

As you can see, it's not fair for the series which are long and not completed to be in the top ten. Who knows when the series is going to finish and One Piece will never get to the top ten.

Basically, my request is let the very long series with only temp ratings to be ranked if the series has enough high ratings against the anime on the top ten board. One Piece isn't ranked, and it should easily be in the top ten but because the series is still going, it isn't fair! If a tv anime has really good ratings, even if the show isn't finished, it should be popular and should be on the top ten ranked list.. If One Piece for example, should be on the top ten list long time ago, a lot of people doesn't even know one piece is good.. One Piece should get the credit for being a good long still on-going series, but instead, it has to finish the whole series, it ain't fair... I know you have to watch a full show to see how it ends, but series like One Piece has over 281 episodes which has no actual rating but only temp ratings and If the series has really good ratings, shouldn't be in the top 10? yes it should!

Can you guys who work with the anidb crew, at least do a feature where long - on-going series include temp ratings which are actual ratings just like other anime series. One Piece is a left out series and should be on the top ten, instead it isn't even ranked on the top ten and it should

It's bugging me
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

won't happen. no, can't do. forget it. not in this life.

if i could i would see to it to get the top10 killed completely...
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

markzor, sorry but that won't happen.
The problem here is that the top10 does inspire people to start vote spamming. Including ongoing series would only make things worse.

BYe!
EXP
markzor

Post by markzor »

exp c'mon.. Any anime who is loved by fans, should be on the top ten list...

man can't you guys see? One Piece has actual higher ratings then some of the animes on the top ten board? Why?
Because it was voted by over a thousand people, not a hundred fans.
This feature should be there, it isn't fair for the long series with top ten status ratings not be on the board. If it was on the top ten, then it is liked by the people and the series doesn't get credit for being good, and whos going to wait for the series to be completed. It's going take years and years and years and years
won't happen. no, can't do. forget it. not in this life.

if i could i would see to it to get the top10 killed completely...
One piece was Voted by 2000, and it has an average for 8.89 votes
Look at Mushishi, one piece has a better average ratings and was even voted nearly 2 times the people. It's because of the fans. Isn't the top ten board purpose to show which anime has highest ratings, if people hated the show one Piece then it should have gotten bad ratings, the board wouldn't be a disgrace.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

markzor wrote:One piece was Voted by 2000, and it has an average for 8.89 votes
One Piece is voted on by the same people that vote on Naruto, these people are generally a quite young and rabit lot who also like to create multiple accounts to vote again and again and again... all 10 of course. The question may rather be how many of those 2000 votes are real? And how many were made by people who have actually seen more than 2-3 animes? It's kind of like all those who voted 10 for AnimeJunkies, all props to groups that fansub... but there's no reason to vote 10 for very substandard work.
It's nice that you have great confidence in your OP/Naruto community, sadly said community has repeatedly shown any such confidence is misplaced.

Maybe One Piece is the best thing since sliced bread to you, but I promise you if it reaches the top 10 several hundred anidb users will vote it down again. ;) I've seen over 400 animes and neither One Piece, nor Naruto qualify as more than decent compared to quite a lot which is out there. Which shows why the system is broken and really should be changed more drastically if it should be changed at all.

In general, the average vote should be taken with a truckload full of salt. 200000 people could vote 10 for Naruto, it still wouldn't make it awesome to people outside the target age/mentality group. ;) Thus it could probably be said that the Top10 most acuratelly reflects which animes have the most rabid community... Some animes struggle onto the list through sheer quality, but imho most don't really deserve to be there. (And yes, I've seen the animes on the top10... I appreciate most of them too.)
markzor

Post by markzor »

One Piece is voted on by the same people that vote on Naruto, these people are generally a quite young and rabit lot who also like to create multiple accounts to vote again and again and again... all 10 of course. The question may rather be how many of those 2000 votes are real? And how many were made by people who have actually seen more than 2-3 animes? It's kind of like all those who voted 10 for AnimeJunkies, all props to groups that fansub... but there's no reason to vote 10 for very substandard work.
It's nice that you have great confidence in your OP/Naruto community, sadly said community has repeatedly shown any such confidence is misplaced.

Wrong. Naruto has crappy ratings, One Piece has way better ratings than Naruto. The fans are different orite. The anime are both different. You won't see people liking both Naruto and One Piece if u go to Favourite anime threads.
Maybe One Piece is the best thing since sliced bread to you, but I promise you if it reaches the top 10 several hundred anidb users will vote it down again. Wink I've seen over 400 animes and neither One Piece, nor Naruto qualify as more than decent compared to quite a lot which is out there. Which shows why the system is broken and really should be changed more drastically if it should be changed at all.

So? 2000, i'm not sure if it was voted by lots of mutiply accounts.. It'll take forever plus even it was only voted by one account, it's still better than mushishi ratings..
Won't Happen. The series is good.. For example, look at animenfo ? It's ranked 11, voted by 110 people, and GUESS WHAT.. IT'S AVERAGE is 9.5 ? JUST WTF.. I don't see people doing bad reviews on it, if people have seen the anime one piece, then it's a good go. The 4kids dub is not good for sure, but people who have seen uncut japanese version would not take One Piece as a bad show. Again, One Piece would not voted down by bad votes, it will encourage people to watch the show, and I would know it would not get voted down. If u guys try, i would say it will stay on the top ten list for ever. My point is, let this feature be included, for example, the guy said it will be voted down by people, if One Piece deserves to be on the top ten, if not, it should be voted down by people. Again, isn't the purpose of the top ten board to see how is an anime rated by a large anime community?
In general, the average vote should be taken with a truckload full of salt. 200000 people could vote 10 for Naruto, it still wouldn't make it awesome to people outside the target age/mentality group. Wink Thus it could probably be said that the Top10 most acuratelly reflects which animes have the most rabid community... Some animes struggle onto the list through sheer quality, but imho most don't really deserve to be there. (And yes, I've seen the animes on the top10... I appreciate most of them too.)

Even adults watch shounen shows.. One Piece manga was ranked #11 of all time manga, I'm sure it wasn't just voted by kids. Sure anime and Manga is different, but they follow the same story. Adults do watch shounen, but still, let the community decide which series deserves to be good or bad on the top ten board
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Again, isn't the purpose of the top ten board to see how is an anime rated by a large anime community?
no it's for people like you going "OMG WHY IS ANIME XYZ NOT IN!!!!11! IT HAS TO BE NUMBER !111!1 OMG!1!!"

seems to work properly.

anyway you can argument all you want, but nothing will change. the top list as silly as it is by concept already should not have tempvotes in it. point.

I'm still in favor of removing the top lists... *eyes exp* <_<
markzor

Post by markzor »

LOOk. Just say IF I had a #1 favourite series that is rated 6 average, I wouldn't GO ZOMG BERSERKISH, IT'S NOT ON THE TOP TEN LIST.. But if a series was voted by the community and was rated really high, even higher than the top ten board, it should count as fair ratings, not left out ratings.. It's not fair

no. im not that sort of guy going zomg, that anime isn't on the top ten list because it is my favourite, instead i'm the guy saying it should be on the list because of the community..
I don't say, omg can't believe that series is on the top ten board. I'm clearly saying is, it should be on the top ten board. One Piece is like a left out series comparing to any all other series which is completed with actual ratings.
I have other favourite shows like Monster, Gankutsuou, Cowboy Bebop, fate/Stay Night, Honey and Clover Hunter X Hunter, fma, ghost in the shell, and I like it better than One Piece, and I don't go zoomggg, everyone give a rating a ten plzzzz. Tho it is bugging me because it has good ratings and is deserved to be in the top ten. Yeah, I know, you might think the top ten is already messed up but then it should be fair if the community or the people who voted the show and rated it highly, should get in the top ten board.. I don't see why u guys don't want to accept my requests. One Piece is just like any anime tv show on the board. except it has better ratings then some anime on the top ten board, but the series itself isn't finished. It's not ur top ten board, but it's the community .. It should able to let shows like One Piece to be placed on the top ten if the series has lasted for years and has hundreds of more episodes than most completed shows..
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

LIFE ISN'T FAIR
markzor

Post by markzor »

I'm saying it's normal for One Piece to be on the top ten board for it's high ratings but for some reason it's not, and it should.. So temp ratings are not actually real ratings, those ratings are not even allowed to be ranked.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

You're perfectly free to rank all the temp ratings you want, we just have better things to be doing.

Oh look, a whale.

Rar
markzor

Post by markzor »

^
lol -.-"
Yeah. But still, you guys can't add temp ratings as same as normal ratings for some series. why can't u guys do it? I've been using anidb for a while now, I like it better than any other anime source.. I dunno y but i just like it.
I'm requestin and im sure you guys can do it, but wat's stopping you guys from not doing it? It's nothing big to request, im only requesting for a small change !
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Look, you've had four NOs from four different mods. In the time you spent signing up for this forum and making six posts to lobby for One Piece in the top ten, you could have gone to sea and become a pirate yourself, or earnt some money mowing lawns and donated it to charity, or watched a few eps of something else.

This post is in 'archive' for a reason, if you don't get the hint, I *will* lock the thread. Do something useful with your life.

Rar
markzor

Post by markzor »

^
lol
k lock the thread -.-"

.. I'm not a One Piece fan, but I've seen One Piece up-to-date and I think it should be on the top ten but for some reason it can't.. I guess my request is denied. It bugs me because that One Piece is a great show, but One Piece is not like others shows on the top ten list... I guess, i can say, it's orite for long shows like naruto, One Piece, Detective Conanan for e.g doesn't matter how high the ratings get, it won't be in the top ten.. it just hides in the darkness .. Oh WeLLZ, tho Naruto is already popular..

Anyways, my whole point of this thread was to request if long on going anime shows like Detective Conan, One Piece, Naruto can get tmp ratings as ratings like all completed series so they can be normal because we know that the series is not going to end any time soon. I'm only using One Piece as an example since I also seen one piece up-to-date.

I started using Anidb like 3 months ago. I decided to use the forum to discuss an issue orite? I post in forums, I only posts in forums when i need too. I don't post forums to be part of the community

I'm always doing something useful with my life. I do not camp on computers, posting in forums or play games..
LoL i'm still far too young to do something with my life.. I don't play games, i just hate it... Only thing i do is use the web to research, download anime or chat with friends on msn or go to school or hang out with friends and watch anime of course, playing soccer also ^_^
Last edited by markzor on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

One day One Piece will end and then it'll be on the top10, if it still exists. ;)