Extended Top 10 List [denied by heaven]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

xenocraze

Extended Top 10 List [denied by heaven]

Post by xenocraze »

I didn't see this already in the requests, so here it is:

As everyone knows, there are a list of Top 10s on the main page of AniDB. I think it would be of interest to people to know not just the top 10s, but also maybe the top 25 or top 50? Whatever...

But, if this were to be displayed, it would probably be a bit much to show all on the main page of couse. So, I thought maybe it could be a supplementary page, and people could get to it by clicking a link which would be located near the "Top 10" title or the "Most Users" title, etc.

As for reasons why I think this extra information would be helpful, here they are:

1) It'd give users more info about what series are good in relation to their peers. It answers the, "what should I watch next question?" for many people.
2) Searching for highly rated anime using the Adv. Search can be annoying because the same title is repeated over and over, just in another title format.
3) It's interesting just to look at and know.

Anyway, I don't think it's a huge task to implement this, but yeah. Thanks for your time and consideration, and sorry if this was already brought up.

- xenocraze
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

it has been asked for lots of times...

1) try the *hint* feature or animeplanet recomendations
2) have you tried clicking on "hide synonyms"? like this, rating > 8 and with 50 votes and no repeated animes
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

once more denied