DVD (movie) State

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

nolem

DVD (movie) State

Post by nolem »

Hi,

Im sorry if this is a dupe, but I looked around and couldn't find it.

Right now there is these states on files:

unknown
on hdd
on cd
deleted

What would be nice would be to have a "DVD moive" option as well (if you got the it as "real" dvd movie).
I noticed that you can set that you have seen it on dvd, but not that you actually have it on dvd.

Right now I pick "generic file" and "on cd" option to sort of simulate the fact that I have it on dvd movie, but a real option for this would be quite nice imo.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

if "on cd" was labeled "on cd/dvd" would you be happy?
nolem

Post by nolem »

Well..

The thing is that you can have regular avi/mpg/etc files on cd/dvd while dvd movie is a bit of a diffrent thing if you see what I mean.

Not trying to be a pita here :) so if its annoying/hard/etc to add it just let it be as is.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

well, for generics you could pick unknown stat and "on dvd" from the filestate combo box
nolem

Post by nolem »

Yes, I agree.

The thing is that it would just be a bit easier to have a "dvd movie" icon (similar to the one in stat "on dvd") when you check your list of series / movies as it will help out if you plan to buy some of the series on dvd to see which ones you already got.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

You should use generic's on DVD as fahrenheit stated. That's the way exp designed the usage.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

nolem wrote:Yes, I agree.

The thing is that it would just be a bit easier to have a "dvd movie" icon (similar to the one in stat "on dvd") when you check your list of series / movies as it will help out if you plan to buy some of the series on dvd to see which ones you already got.
When you start opting for a 'dvd movie', you should also have the option for 'on laserdisc', 'on vhs', 'on ...' or whatever else possible. But fact is, none of them are available on the ed2k-network, so does it really matter to anyone else but the owner? Not really.
So I suppose listening to the Don and the thermometer would be a good guess.