High rated newcomers [CLOSED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

brd529

High rated newcomers [CLOSED]

Post by brd529 »

Hi all,

I find myself constantly looking for good new stuff (like everybody else I guess...), and I am just thinking of how AniDB can give even more support here than it already does.

My idea is this: to have a top 10 or 20 of the highest rated new anime with episodes dated from the last couple of weeks. Just similar to the overall top 10 on the main page. So it would be very easy to see if something good is coming up.

It would be even more convenient if this list could be stripped off those series that I am already getting (at least partly in mylist). So I would be able to see whether I am actually missing something good.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

More ratings and top tens is not the answer to anything...

Rar
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Top 10s of new shows are easily influenced, and always overrated, no matter how you look at it. It`s better to try a few eps of each series and base your opinion on that. For series you don`t watch, wait until there are 4-5 eps out and check the votings/premature reviews for it to see if they`re worth it.
brd529

Post by brd529 »

Absolutely true, this could spark off even more voting ralleys. I agree with both of you here.

OTOH, I don't see why this contradicts the basic idea. I see it as boiling the data down to some characteristic numbers.
HeartOfSword

Post by HeartOfSword »

hmmm dis is wad i think...
though the top 10 may be overrated, at least pple have an idea of wad anime has been enjoyed (and hence overrated) by other pple and they can have a better idea of what they may want to try instead of having to look at all the new anime

u can also make it such that the temporary votes for this system only lasts for 2months so dat the pple who try to raise the votes delibrately will waste their efforts since their votes are only valid for 2 months.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

there is "hotanime" now. this should solve this problem

case closed