Showing widescreen TV widescreen DVD, etc as Type? [OLDREQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

ichika

Showing widescreen TV widescreen DVD, etc as Type? [OLDREQ]

Post by ichika »

Hi all
Sorry for first post, i don't come to this forum often but i do visit AniDB everyday!

I had been watching a lot of widescreen anime lately and then suddenly i realized i could no longer enjoy watching the regular 4:3 as much as before (it makes my eyes tired or i feel some part of the picture is missing?!)

This may sound strange but for me i really like widescreen. If some anime was in widescreen that's already a little plus for me (at least it's better than 4:3)). I was wondering if you guys could add this 'feature' to the great database here.

Thanks for reading ^^

(if you are bored read on...)
By the way, anyone else feel similar with me about widescreen vs non widescreen animation? Of course the content is the heart of the show, but personally I just prefer widescreen much more so.

Anime that i was watching lately:
1) Fate S/N
2) Shakugan no Shana
3) Paradise Kiss (such a unique anime i love it!)
4) Last Exile

it turns out all of them were widescreen !!
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

Information for video aspect ratio is in the process of being added to the database. It may be feasible for this information to be display in the main file table views in the future.

(The reason you've been watching more 16:9 anime recently is that there are more 16:9 tvs and 16:9 broadcasts in Japan now, so 16:9 content is now preferred.)
ichika

Post by ichika »

Thanks for the info ! ^o^