Direct wallpaper [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Mithrandix

Direct wallpaper [DENIED]

Post by Mithrandix »

I've been looking for some quality anime wallpapers lately and wouldnt it be handy that users can post wallpaper links to other pages or just upload some so ppl dont have to search for em?
Sneak

Post by Sneak »

A google search for "anime wallpapers" gives you more sites than you can shake a stick at, and I personally think the developers shouldn't be bothered with implementing any non-related stuff right now. If they have time left over, they deserve it :)

And I don't mean thet your point isn't valid. Of course it would be easier to find anime wallpapers if anidb had links. I'm just saing the work outweighs the need.

Cheers!
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

And the mechanism for paying the artists who drew the images that people cannibalise to make the wallpapers is what?

Rar
Mithrandix

Post by Mithrandix »

Rar wrote:And the mechanism for paying the artists who drew the images that people cannibalise to make the wallpapers is what?

Rar
Arent those just shared scans :?:
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

And that negates copyright how? Look, no one is going to sue you for using a few on your desktop, but a site profiting from distributing other people's work is asking to be shut down.

Rar