Another method of selecting TOP anime [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

unique

Another method of selecting TOP anime [DENIED]

Post by unique »

I would appreciate new way of selecting TOP animes as an alternative for voting system. Each user can choose one or more animes as "The best anime I have ever seen" or "My favorite anime" or just "TOP anime".

Requirements:
1) only fully watched series/OVAs/movies can be selected (user voted for that anime)
2a) number of selected animes is based on number of fully watched animes (like for each 30 animes user can select 1 TOP anime)
2b) number of selected animes is based on size of mylist (like for each 250GB anime user can select 1 TOP anime)
2c) create some pointing system that assigns points for each anime based on type (serie/OVA/movie), genre (hentai/non-hentai) and eps. count; user can select TOP animes based on gained points
2d) ... based on no. of hours of fully watched animes ...
2e) ...

Issues:
1) impossible to select ongoing series like Naruto
2a) ep. count is big problem here; 10 series (26 eps. each) and 10 hentai animes (2 eps. each) is big difference and can affect results
2b) incomplete series and duplicate files (different groups) can affect results
2c-2e) no idea ...
3) I wouldn't allow selection of hentai animes

Preferences:
1) users can choose their own TOP animes they have seen and easily make changes as they watch new series
2) another independent voting system

I have been thinking about this feature for a while and I would welcome further discussion ...
windmage

Post by windmage »

No one has a "TOP anime" except people who have watched too little anime to have a valid opinion on the matter. We already have enough crap (top 10) encouraging lusers to spam fake 1/10 votes. If anything I vote for removing the top-whatever entirely so people will stop polluting the database with fake accounts and fake votes. A recommendation system could be a lot more useful, possibly integrated with the voting and review systems, but AnimePlanet already does something like that and does a nice job.
unique

Post by unique »

Of course, I agree (partially) with your opinion so I wanted something independent on current voting system. I dont expect any new "Top anime charts". I just wanted something where I can select some animes I would want to watch again. Integration with review system would be troublesome because some people dont want to (or just cant) write useful reviews. My idea is based on that users needs some minimum watched animes for this. Of course filtering fake users is another question (based on user activity, account must be at least X months old, user must be allowed to select TOP animes by somebody or some system, ...).

Ad "recommendation system": This is where I dont agree with you. People usually wants recommendations based on their preferences and thats the most difficult part to implement. (imho I would kill anybody who would recommend me for example Naruto)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I don't see a real need for this.
you can easily use the existing voting system.
just vote high for your topNNN animes and they will appear at the top of your myvotes page.
Isn't that exactly what you want? (@remember what to rewatch & co) ?

BYe!
EXP
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

This feature doesnt make sense unless you really think that this anime is alone at the top (wich doesnt make sense as soon as you have seen enough anime to select a top anime)

If the anime was great then vote high. If it sucked then vote low no need for anything beside this
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »