Notify on relations [old request]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Le Eliminateur

Notify on relations [old request]

Post by Le Eliminateur »

Add an option to notify on relations change.

i don't know how feasible is this but (at least for me) it would be very useful to know when a sequel/prequel/alt ver is added to a certain anime.
Antono

Post by Antono »

Yes, I believe it would be very usefull too...

Right now I periodically scan all my animes' relations to look for new entries. But this is getting slower and slower as MyList is getting bigger...
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Might be useful, but you can always check the Anime Calendar every month or so. Shouldn`t be too much work to see which titles come out next month - and you should be able to spot a sequel based on the name/pic as well :)
Antono

Post by Antono »

Yes, but this way you'll only notice NEW series and only related in the prequel/sequel fashion.

You'll be missing completely any series that are old but have only recentlly been updated and added to the "relations" of your favorite anime. Plus, "character" and "other" relations are difficult to identify on the anime calendar. Lastly, if you were to search for these non-prequel/sequel relations on the calendar you would have to browse through each entry and read the info which a) is almost as frustrating as browsing through your MyList and scan for relations, b) the anime calendar has new anime and therefore the info is often incomplete, especialy the relations.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

This is not practical, you'd potentially have to add a CRAPLOAD of notifications.

Instead, make a habit if watching the latest anime and anime calendar pages OR request a new feature where you can inspect relations to stuff you don't have.
Antono

Post by Antono »

PetriW wrote:...OR request a new feature where you can inspect relations to stuff you don't have.
You mean like a MyList report showing those animes in MyList that have relations but the related series are not in MyList?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Some such yes.
Amour

Post by Amour »

So if you start with one Harlock in your MyList, you get the full Yamato relation in your MissingList... Same for Clamp and Gundam...
suppy

Post by suppy »

PetriW wrote:This is not practical, you'd potentially have to add a CRAPLOAD of notifications.
instead of adding a notification for each single anime, why not make it a profile option? - to every anime that I have in mylist, when a new relation is added, notify me.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

suppy wrote:
PetriW wrote:This is not practical, you'd potentially have to add a CRAPLOAD of notifications.
instead of adding a notification for each single anime, why not make it a profile option? - to every anime that I have in mylist, when a new relation is added, notify me.
That might also work.
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

the option of knowing any anime that is related to one i have but that i dont own would be indeed extremely usefull to know wich series get a sequel (i dont quite see myself adding over 850 anime on a ntoifie list).

On the same idea knowing when an ep is added to an owned series would be usefull as well so as to make the tracking of specials that dont warrant a new anime entry possible without the same 850 notifies silliness.