New Language/Sub system for anidb - Discussion [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

do we realy need all that info?

Hmm, either way, if this is going in this direction, i would create two interfaces for web added file, basic and extended.
in basic a user can add just the required fields of a file entry, and in extended mode a user could add if he wishes fields that usualy would only be entered by:
a) anidb clients
b) core users

and if now there are plenty of creqs pending relating small changes like time, or whatever, imagine when all these new fields are added to the db.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

nwa wrote:Furthermore, 16:9 and 4:3 are not the only AR's, there are also 1.85:1, 1.66:1, 2.00:1, 2.21:1, 2.35:1 and god knows what else.
if then i would let anidb calculate the AR out of the res. thats first more corret and second spares time of us all. the initial calculation for sure would take a bit, but later on it could get done once every 2,3 days with the maintenance routine imho.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Maybe that's another thing for the JavaScript code. :P ;)
worf

Post by worf »

fahrenheit wrote:and if now there are plenty of creqs pending relating small changes like time, or whatever, imagine when all these new fields are added to the db.
Those will be done within a few days. At least the majority of them.

I'm currently training a horde of second level creq monkeys to join my battle against the evil incomplete file entries.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

DonGato wrote:Maybe that's another thing for the JavaScript code. :P ;)
if thats possible the better. as that costs no new field for anidb, no cpu time, no nothing.
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

worf wrote: I'm currently training a horde of second level creq monkeys to join my battle against the evil incomplete file entries.
A more valid approach would be how mutch of these new fields can be auto-creqqed by AOM technicaly, and when would such a version of AOM could become available.

W/o an autocreq this will be a continiues creqbattle.
worf

Post by worf »

e-Viper wrote:A more valid approach would be how mutch of these new fields can be auto-creqqed by AOM technicaly,
Auto-creqing the audio bitrates for multi-audio files will be a problem. There are a lot of files with wrongly tagged streams.
e-Viper wrote:and when would such a version of AOM could become available.
2010?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

could make it semiautomatic. let the user confirm what stream is what in anidb and then let aom creq away
worf

Post by worf »

Der Idiot wrote:could make it semiautomatic. let the user confirm what stream is what in anidb and then let aom creq away
Better make it an additional feature then. Giving noob users the chance to fuck up entries by default will only result in stuff like this: http://anidb.info/c279680
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Can I do that with all Eclipse releases? :P :lol:
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

worf wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:could make it semiautomatic. let the user confirm what stream is what in anidb and then let aom creq away
Better make it an additional feature then. Giving noob users the chance to fuck up entries by default will only result in stuff like this: http://anidb.info/c279680
it could be deactivated by default. noobs never find the funky options anyway.

would add everything only for files with 1 stream and only the hashes + time for multistream files. that should be doable. still needs petriw's comment on that.
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

I'm in favour of framerate, not because of 120 fps raws or even undecimated 30 fps video, but for the instances of (sometimes painfully) low frame rates. Playback aspect is also important, but I think representing it as "playback resolution" is wrong. The user can play it at whatever resolution he likes but almost everyone will play it at the correct aspect ratio.
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

For the aspect ratio the displayed resolution or the Ar falg would be very needed but wichever is rather fine since they basically say the same thing to anyone with a brain.

The number of audio channel is really missing

FPS doesnt mean much since there is never any clear way to know how it will affect quality.

quality rating comment for all the no group files could be quite usefull given the sheer number of anime that only have those.

The subtitles stream kind would proably need to be decided by the user given the sheer number of streams that can exist. Screen text (for the signs when using the audio dub), text subtitles, stilyzed subtitles with or without karaoke, pic subtitles, any combination of those, english dub subs. Having a file with over 4 english subtitles stram is far from rare and usually they are all relevant in some way. The Urusei Yatsura DVD even have morse subtitles.
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

There are some 2 or 3 fps files out there; I think you can imagine how that affects quality. (Although certain anime can get away with it.)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

the database part of this has been implemented.
however, the interfaces are still missing.
but you can take a look at the file page to see what info got/gets autoconverted into the new system.

BYe!
EXP