About adding generics [closed]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

sjabbie

About adding generics [closed]

Post by sjabbie »

There's something that's bugging me with adding generics. I'll give an example.

I've got Steamboy on dvd. So I add a generic file to my MyList. I skip the source and storage options and than I need fill in state and type, ignoring watched cause that's not the problem. I pick "on dvd" as type, cause it's on dvd. Then I need to fill in state, but the options under state are irrelevant. So basically I think this should be a little bit changed.

I think the option "on dvd" under type should be under state. Cause now I need to pick an option from state that have nothing to do with the fact that I've got the dvd. And there should be an option under type to leave it blank, cause when I choose "on dvd" in state, then the choices from type are irrelevant. I hope this is possible. I also hope I've described my idea good enough ;).
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I would just select oncd in your case.

BYe!
EXP
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

That's that what I did, but then I would have on cd and on dvd. And that's not correct. I know it's a very minor correction, but there is no way it's gonna happen?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

sjabbie wrote:That's that what I did, but then I would have on cd and on dvd. And that's not correct. I know it's a very minor correction, but there is no way it's gonna happen?
This relates to another change request which was made quite some time ago.
The key point is that oncd is not meant only for cds, it's basically supposed to stand for any digital medium which is not permanently connected to your pc. Be it cds, dvds, floppies, streamer bands, external hdds stored somewhere in your closet, ...
In that sense oncd is the correct selection for animes you have on dvd.

BYe!
EXP
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I know that on cd was meant for cd's, dvd's and all that stuff. I know about change request as well. But I was talking about original DVD's and not burned stuff. I just hoped that this could be changed. I probably sound like a nagging kid now -_-;.
kidan

Post by kidan »

I suggest to rename "on CD" to "archived".
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I have stuff like "seen in theatre"/"deleted" and "own on dvd"/"deleted". The moral? Be careful who you lend your anime dvds to...

Rar
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

kidan wrote:I suggest to rename "on CD" to "archived".
nice alternative name. :)
Amour

Post by Amour »

kidan wrote:I suggest to rename "on CD" to "archived".
Or "on storage"/"stored"?
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

But that still hasn't got anything to do with original DVD's. Only for burned DVD's.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Why not?
I have an archive (a furniture) for both music CDs and video DVDs, so don't understand why we can't use that as "storage" term. :/
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I want a DVD icon without an icon for storage or oncd or deleted or whatever. My idea at the start of this thread actually has to be backwards. I only need the option blank in state and the ondvd option is already in type. So there won't be an icon shown for state.

So in the end you'll see an icon for mylist entry, ondvd and seen.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

So you don't want to have a state "ondvd" but a null state so you can pair it with the generic icon ondvd. I would never get that from your first post. :?
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

You couldn't have, cause I saw that my request was quite cumbersome. So I corrected it to this. Hope it's clear now and I hope it will be implemented ^^.