Ability to set Comments in Notifies [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Antono

Ability to set Comments in Notifies [DENIED]

Post by Antono »

I think a rather nice feature would be to allow the user to set Comments for his Notifications, much in the same way he can set Comments in his Wishlist.

It occured to me today, just when I discovered that I had a lot of animes on the Notify list and I couldn't quite remember why...
I almost deleted some because I had all the episodes and I thought I must had forgotten to remove the Notification but then it all started to come back to me: this anime has a Notification because I'd like to know when the "Director's cut" will be subbed, this anime's files are censored and I'm waiting for the uncensored onces, this anime is in the process of being subbed by my favorite group etc.

I would very much like to be able to write all these reasons down next to each notification. I hope it's not too much trouble to program this, is it?? Thanks!
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

you'd really want to use the wishlist for this.
it's the main reason we have that feature after all :P

BYe!
EXP
Antono

Post by Antono »

Oh, all right.

I set comments on the Wishlist of course but I usually mark why I want this anime (e.g. helps learn Japanese). I used to remove it from my Wishlist once I've completed it but sometimes I'd leave the Notify to keep track of possible new files (you'll never know when someone will sub an Extra, do you?)

I kinda thought this was how it's supposed to function, especially since the Notifies and the Wishlist are seperated lists (meaning you can have something in the Notifies without it being in the Wishlist and vice-verca).

I guess I'll have to copy many of my Notifies back to my Wishlist then... :(

Thanks!