Autorename - new tags, and manual rename [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Landsil

Autorename - new tags, and manual rename [OLD REQ]

Post by Landsil »

I would like to requiest few new tags, mainly connected with subs and dubs.
It will be easier if I present my file name style:
- If there is only japanese vioce track and english subs then file name look like this:
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (01) [sub].avi"
- If there is english dubbing (no subs):
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (01) [dub].avi"
- If there are japanese AND aneglish voice AND english subs:
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (06) [sub] [dub].ogm"
- If anime is raw:
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (06) [raw].avi"

So, it would be nice that I coud in some way tranform the information about japanese dub from AniDB entry into marker "[sub]" (or any other user marker, maybe [jap-dub]". And information about english sub into "[sub]" (or something else).
Also, if sub is non-english, I wish that marker would look diffrent (for example for spanish subs [spa], french [fra] etc.)

Next thing: episodes numbers with multi zeros before them. Most of the seres have less than 99 episodes, so I thing it would be enough if there is option/tag like: add "0" if one digit in ep numer.
Or better: Set number of digits in in %epno tag (0-9). Then AOM woudl automaticty add rest of digits if needed (ex. for value 3: 1=001, 2=002, 24=024, 253=253)

Also, manual rename option would be nice. To be honest, i use AOM only for checking my downloads and renaming. I don't want to create MyList, mark what I watched, etc.
I suggest next tag on top of screen right next to "Known Files" - something like - "Bath Rename".
Amour

Post by Amour »

Manual renaming should also consider the renaming of directories: I don't like to hash all my files again.
egg

Re: Autorename - new tags, and manual rename.

Post by egg »

Landsil wrote:I would like to requiest few new tags, mainly connected with subs and dubs.
It will be easier if I present my file name style:
- If there is only japanese vioce track and english subs then file name look like this:
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (01) [sub].avi"
- If there is english dubbing (no subs):
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (01) [dub].avi"
- If there are japanese AND aneglish voice AND english subs:
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (06) [sub] [dub].ogm"
- If anime is raw:
"Mahou Senshi LOUIE - (06) [raw].avi"

So, it would be nice that I coud in some way tranform the information about japanese dub from AniDB entry into marker "[sub]" (or any other user marker, maybe [jap-dub]". And information about english sub into "[sub]" (or something else).
Also, if sub is non-english, I wish that marker would look diffrent (for example for spanish subs [spa], french [fra] etc.)

Next thing: episodes numbers with multi zeros before them. Most of the seres have less than 99 episodes, so I thing it would be enough if there is option/tag like: add "0" if one digit in ep numer.
Or better: Set number of digits in in %epno tag (0-9). Then AOM woudl automaticty add rest of digits if needed (ex. for value 3: 1=001, 2=002, 24=024, 253=253)

Also, manual rename option would be nice. To be honest, i use AOM only for checking my downloads and renaming. I don't want to create MyList, mark what I watched, etc.
I suggest next tag on top of screen right next to "Known Files" - something like - "Bath Rename".
You may want to look at WebAOM. It can handle the [sub]/[dub] (there is even an example of how to do it on the wiki).

I'm not quite sure sure what you need for the padding of zeros, AFAIK AOM handles the numbering properly based on the actual number of episodes in the Anime.

As far as a manual rename, WebAOM might also be good there. It actually has a move function, where the idea is you would use it to hash a download directory and it would move the files to the correct directories (based on rules you define) automatically.