Quality [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

kablam

Quality [DENIED]

Post by kablam »

i've "studied" the quality stars at a lot of animes and found out that they usually goes by video quality, but sometimes when the sound is a little buggy, it seems to take down the rating for the video also, i suggest that it could be solved with one qualty field for video and one for audio. i dont really know how much code has to be changed to take care of this matter, so just take this post as a suggestion.

I personally think that it would be easier to choose wich group for downloading if you have BOTH audio and vido qualtiy measurments.

i really want to hear your replys ^^
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

No.

http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3862
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3471

Bottom line: if you want accurate quality impressions, use the Group comments for anime feature.

Rar
TechNiko

Post by TechNiko »

How about lowering the required amount of ratings before the average is shown then? Most of the time, there are less than 10 ratings for each group for a given anime. Uusually only one or two groups pass the 10 bar, and other less-known groups have their rating hidden. This would especially be helpful for less popular series and non-speedsub groups. In my opinion 2 to 5 would be good, 10 is too much.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Comments. Not votes, comments. Anonymous voting is never going to be a reliable objective indicator of anything.

Rar
TechNiko

Post by TechNiko »

Comments. Not votes, comments. Anonymous voting is never going to be a reliable objective indicator of anything.
Many comments are misleading too, and less abundant than votes. Most people have no idea what they're talking about anyways. But votes are still a good hint in the right direction, and most of them are hidden, rendering them completely useless. If 5 people voted "1" for a group for a series, and nobody took the time to comment it, it WOULD be useful to see that vote.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm sure you can see the difference between a bunch of people commenting "This release sucks because they were really slow releasing it" and a bunch of people anonymously voting 1 because the group were really slow releasing it. Personally I think the two should be combined, a la reviews atm.

Rar
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

TechNiko wrote:Most people have no idea what they're talking about anyways. But votes are still a good hint in the right direction...
may i laugh now? ah i will anyway
bwahahahahahahahaha

ok lets see you say people are tards (correct) and they are unable to write infomative comments (also correct), but you still say they are able to put this shit opinion they have into a number value between 1 and 10 and thats helpful? holy crap what the hell are you smoking? O_O

seriosuly like rar says it's utter bollocks

besides groupvotes will at some point replaced by a function to take the group/anime votes and create some average. at least thats how it's planned. pointless to have 2 groupvoting system in the db.

2 things you need to learn:
- Anonymous voting is bs to get an objective result. freakin hell there are people faking votes for groups as well (no kidding)
- as badly as some comments may be they are still more imformative than any vote ever can be.
TechNiko

Post by TechNiko »

...but you still say they are able to put this shit opinion they have into a number value between 1 and 10 and thats helpful?
Yes, I'd rather have 6 bs votes and 2 honest votes and be able to see them, than 8 honest votes and be unable to see any of them.

Everyone has their own opinion, everyone is contradicting each other everywhere, so why not strip AniDB of all user feedback while we're at it? The feature is there, and it's useful. If the averages are always visible and someone sees a value that contradicts his own opinion, he'll be more inclined to take a few seconds and write a comment or vote too. Right now it's all hidden so nobody cares, unless it's a popular release, and it's easy to find comments about these on forums.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

The point is, you can judge for yourself if what the 'bad comments' are. You have no way of seeing individual votes or judging whether they are 'good' or 'bad'. Comments enable *you*, as a person, to make a value judgement about the validity of another's opinion, votes do not.

Rar
TechNiko

Post by TechNiko »

Quoting the wiki
Only post a comment if it is useful for others and if your opinion can't be expressed in the vote already.
Way to encourage people to use comments.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

It's a wiki.

Rar
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

some related discussion:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4856

BYe!
EXP