[feature][request] l33t file filtering [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Egh0st

[feature][request] l33t file filtering [OLD REQ]

Post by Egh0st »

Well, if some anime is HUEG and HUEGly popular, there're lots and lots of files for it. A relatively simple filtering could be quite an assistance:

Options:

1. Hide non-completed releases

2. Hide non-english-subbed files

3. Hide non-dvd-source files

Cause e.g. i'm not really interested in 99% of times in any spanish, portuguese, chinese and so on subbed files. Also, if anime is being released as english subbed dvds already, i prefer to wait until all is avail as dvd rips, so no need for me to see DTV rips at all for this particular anime.

The question is how to implement all of this. E.g. non-eng-subbed filtering could be done as checkbox in profile, cause e.g. I would use it by default.
(same as hide depricated files).

But other two options are anime-specific and might require checkboxes on anime page or so.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Use search, thrash. I think exp doesn't like this as it breaks all page cashing, but some clientside scripting could (optionaly) solve this with little hassle I think. Volunteers?

Rar
Egh0st

Post by Egh0st »

well but anidb already has options for hiding generics / depricated files.

adding non-english-subbed files to depricated list might do the trick :P

hiding non-dvd source encodes is really probably better done thru client-side scripting i guess.
Amour

Re: [feature][request] l33t file filtering

Post by Amour »

Egh0st wrote:2. Hide non-english-subbed files
You know, I would like a "Hide non-French-subbed files" feature.
Egh0st wrote:adding non-english-subbed files to depricated list might do the trick :P
Adding non-French-subbed files to depricated list would be perfect for me.
Egh0st

Post by Egh0st »

of course, it would be superb if each user could choose the language he want to see in file list by default (and actually others already suggested new file notifications based on language of the subs e.g. I definately dont' want to get notify on some spanish or finnish subbed file i never going to download anyway. and prooly 20-30% of notifies i receive from anidb are non-english subbed).

But it's already quite unlikely that EXP-sama implements in the nearest future even one feature of those suggested above, less likely to implement more advanced ones of similar kind.

Anyway, most ppl know english :) JPN audio + eng sub is pretty much standard (some would argue it's a lowest common denominator :P ) and could be (imho!) implemented without much hassle.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

As English is the official AniDB language I see the request to show only them on some pages (like new additions) is the proper thing to ask instead of asking for a language filter that exp already denied.