77%
If... (leave comment)
No votes

Total votes: 13

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

aniDB awards and the new Cat system [DENIED]

Post by fahrenheit »

Actualy we have the ARC awards which are awards for categories (user voted) and we have aniDB awards which are statistic awards ("cpu" voted).

I was thinking of using the new Category system, when it's in a stable state, to introduce user awards to the anidb comunity, because not everyone here knows about the AR foruns and not everyone here casts a vote there or whatever there (in short, i don't know how the ARC awards are done), so using the cat system (the names) users could vote for their favorite anime in the main categories, obviously i'm not talking about voting in the anime with the Huge Breasts Awards or the anime the Dildo::Strap-on award, i'm just talking about genres and a few, if need, sub-cats.

comments or oblivion, which choice?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm against giving people more reasons to make fake accounts to vote for their fav anime lots of times. An advanced search by category, then sort by ranking should basically cover this without any extra fluff.

Rar
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

I'd have to agree with Rar :/ We have enough trouble with people creating fake accounts just to fanboy/anti-fanboy vote on stuff at AniDB. It's a nice idea though ;)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Regretfully nice ideas not always are good. This might be the case as rar and Ultima exposed why we should avoid anything encouraging the multiple accounts creation.