Latest approved reviews [closed]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

windmage

Latest approved reviews [closed]

Post by windmage »

Idea: a feature to show the most recent 10-20 reviews that have become "approved" (i.e. at least 5 votes and above-average mean) on the latest review page. The idea is that it would help people find reviews that are actually good/helpful among all the rest.

On the other hand, maybe it would discourage people from reading and voting on the new reviews that don't yet have enough votes? I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

Instead of this separate display I'd prefer an additional column in the MyReviews table that shows the date of the most recent vote I've received for each of my review. Thus I would be able to sort this table by this column and get the information windmage was asking for as well.
(I'd probably even want this to become the new default order of the table - I'd want to use it more often than the lexicographic order.)

I'd also like to be able to sort the MyReviews table by the number of votes each review has received. So far these numbers are displayed but only as a part of the "Approval" column, thus not providing a separate sort parameter.
windmage

Post by windmage »

Again you misunderstood what I was asking for. I'm not looking for a way to see when _my_ reviews have been commented on or approved. That's already really easy. I'm looking for a way to see other people's reviews that have been rated well by AniDB members, so I can read them and find out about anime I might like (or anime I should avoid).
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

windmage wrote:Again you misunderstood what I was asking for. I'm not looking for a way to see when _my_ reviews have been commented on or approved. That's already really easy. I'm looking for a way to see other people's reviews that have been rated well by AniDB members, so I can read them and find out about anime I might like (or anime I should avoid).
Wouldn`t that result in only popular (high-rated) reviews being read, while less known series (or less known reviewers) with good reviews not getting the attention they should get, to encourage growth?

[edit] friggin topic is already a year old ... now I feel like a necromancer.