episodes xx + yyextra / possible general notify [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

episodes xx + yyextra / possible general notify [tracked]

Post by Skywalka »

Hi folks.

Sorry if this is on the tracker but I still don't use it :-)

I just read on IRC that Wolf's Rain is not complete with 26 episodes but that there are 4 extra Eps, which are currently added as specials. While I consider them extras and the "completeness" is achieved with 26 Episodes, I have to admit I would not have noticed that the series is incomplete because I usually only look at the number of episodes in the list. With AoM I usually don't have to visit every Anime page too often and most of the time DVD Rips are leleased in batches of three or four, like it was this time when a4e released 23-26. Now I would have overlooked the fact that I do not have the series complete at the moment if I would not have stumbled over the discussion on IRC, which told me that a4e will have another 4 eps out sometime soon.

I would like to have another field added to the DB where we could (manually) add the number of extra episodes released outside of the original release (whatever it might be), so that the number of episodes for wolf's rain for instance would read 26 + 4 and I would notice sooner.

There are a couple of Anime out there which get extra episodes when they are released on DVD. I guess if we add something like this even those people who turn off the notification for their groups for an Anime might notice later on that they might have missed something when they are browsing their mylist. Or maybe it would be nice to have a notification optopn for people who have series complete in their mylist and once a series gets extra episodes that they get a general notification that the series they have now has gotten extra episodes.

I hope this has not been discussed before, I am not around that much anymore and searching for this topic was kind of a bitch :-)
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

actully i have been hoping for a similar feature for a long time too. Its always bothersome when you discover an extra episode that you didnt exist at the time of the watch and you have no way to know it except to make hundreads of notify.

It would be great if we could have the ability to know each time a new episode (special or normal) is added to an anime we have on our list.

the load on the server could possibly be a problem thought
Elias

Post by Elias »

Isn't MyPlace/up2date what you looking for? (OK, it's not notified, but taking a look at this page every few days cannot be very hard).
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Hmm... that would cost me about 2 hours a day I guess, because that page lists all extras as well as regular files. I get files listed there for every Anime where I don't have an EP or Special not yet in my mylist, no matter what language or what type.

I really just want an addition for EXTRA episodes that were not aired and are then added as specials. General specials I don't really mind because they are in general just openings/endings and the occasional omake. I need a way to notice that there are new episodes out of an Anime I thought was already complete.