Problem with some "stalled" releases

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

DonGato

Problem with some "stalled" releases

Post by DonGato »

After researching about the status of the releases by a group I realized that there are lot of releases of 1 episode (sometimes more) in stalled status in the DB. Some examples are AOI with Sheep's Song that might be a mistake by the only user having the file that is also French subbed, and Ani-Kraze with Najica that isn't shown on their page as ever been fansubbed by them not even I found info on the web about that.

What to do with them?

I think that if the group don't even recognize them is enough to set them as dropped, but I would like to hear other opinions for this.

EDIT: we should also decide what to do with the status of partialy done. :P

EDIT2:
and what to do with the dead groups like (^_^)?!
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

I think in this case, the wrong "stalled" note is merely a symptom of another problem: If a group doesn't recognize a file as one they've released, then the file should simply be attributed to no group.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Don't know, because in the case of Divergence EVE Ani-Kraze released some episodes but it was dropped and the project ins't listed on Ani-Kraze sites and can't find info around the web, but we have those files listed in AR forum release thread. :/

Added tracker entry: http://www.anidb.net/tracker/view.php?id=100
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Hm, any chance to get a statement from AniKraze themselves? ^^