old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Kidan can put it on his Santa list for X-Mas 2009 I guess ^_^
kidan

Post by kidan »

Skywalka wrote:Kidan can put it on his Santa list for X-Mas 2009 I guess ^_^
Ok, then it might be implemented after AOM 0.6 is out and shadow-files are implemented. :?
To add somthing useful: I'm giving epvotes (right after watching an ep), but it's not that easy, as I'd sometimes like to vote an ep 6.5 or something like this.
Keitarou

Post by Keitarou »

Gambit wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:lets not forget Keitarou :P i guess there is no one more female than him in hat case :P
I guess I`ll add myself to that category too then, even though he and I are like 180 degrees opposites when it comes to tastes - but I kinda have the reputation of shoujo-lover, last time I checked #mangareactor :P
And how did I end up here? -_-

Well, to make this post at least a bit useful, imho splitting votes based on gender, age and whatever doesn't take it really anywhere. The episode rating on the other hand is pretty useful and I use it a lot. Yeah, enough thread necromancy for today...
guillep2k

Post by guillep2k »

Hi. I know this thread is virtually closed long ago, but I wanted to add a couple of thoughts about the subject if I am allowed to.

It is true that you cannot tell what is what you like (or should like) based on gender, age, etc. However, it is also true that the information is useful anyway. I, like many of this thread's posters, have a taste for what is mostly considered anime for girls (I am a man). I also dislike typical shounen anime, like fighting, sports, etc. Surely my vote would go to the (supposedly) uncommon male otaku basket. However, I can use that information myself too. For example, if I know that anime I tend to like is usually highly rated by women, I would look for anime highly rated by them. Also, if I see an anime which had a very low female audience and with poor rankings from that gender, I can asume I would probably dislike it too. This is how statistics work when used correctly.

In my view, age is much more important than gender to make yourself an opinion, because there are certain situations that you cannot relate to if you are not in the proper age group or have not lived enough or have lived too much to appreciate. For example, I think people under 17 will face a tough time trying to relate to the characters and situations of Planetes, as well as people over 30 might find repetitions on Takitate!! Japan quite annoying. This doesn't mean that all 15 year boys are morons uncapable of grasping the meaning of Planetes, or that there will be no 40 year otaku who can enjoy Yakitate. But you will know your about your own tastes and how they relate to other people's in each age or gender group.

On the other hand, asking the users to add gender and age information to their profiles at this point is almost impossible, as someone said above in this thread.

In a final note, more than separating the global voting into groups, I rather would like to know the age and gender of a *reviewer*, so I can have a better understanding of their position towards the anime. I certainly would like to see that (optional) information added to member's profiles (i.e., year of birth and gender; real birth date is too much).

Just my opinions.

Guille