Age rating [DONE/DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Simboul

Age rating [DONE/DENIED]

Post by Simboul »

Hello,

It will be usefull to add an age rating to the anime page. Not only the mininum age but also the age who the audience of the anime should be.

For an exemple, if I found an anime I want to know if the creator of the anime made it for children or for everyone or for adults. Like that I can now if I will like the anime or if it is too young.

Thanks

Simboul
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I can imagine the flames when we set target audience for dbz to 10. 8O
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

ANN already does something similar with the Age rating (target audience). Is not by age but by groups like Kids, Teenagers, Adults.
OnegaiNL

Re: Age rating

Post by OnegaiNL »

Simboul wrote:Hello,

It will be usefull to add an age rating to the anime page. Not only the mininum age but also the age who the audience of the anime should be.

For an exemple, if I found an anime I want to know if the creator of the anime made it for children or for everyone or for adults. Like that I can now if I will like the anime or if it is too young.

Thanks

Simboul
would be nice... but sometimes it's hard to tell if it's for kids/teens or adults

some anime series have stuff in it that would be good for all 3
ecchi or hentai (adult)
comedy (kids/teens)
action (teens)

i think only a fewer of all the people that visit AniDB actually need it =/
and i think a lot of people already know if it's for teens or something if you look for a little info ^^
but some rate it differently than others .... like someone even rated Narutaru for kids :S.... there were brutal murders in it lol
okattan

Post by okattan »

it will still make sense to add the official age rating as a new attribute in the db, if the fansub has info regarding the age rating of the anime in question. that attribute can simply be blank/unknown if age rating is unknown.

on the other hand, it might be useful to add 'users age rating' as well, as an accumulated averaged rating. this will probably be a more realistic measure of the age group that the anime fits in, and can be based on bbfc and MPAA rating systems, or a custom rating system (see wikipedia if you don't know what these rating systems are).

your thoughts please..

tx
okattan
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

You'll note that wikipedia has no rating system, and anidb will follow that tack too.

Rar
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

we got target audience in the categories for a reason. which is enough. besides it's rather easy and failsafe to check the japanese target audience compared to applying your own western stadards on something.

us guys would most likely rate anything with gore for early teens and with pr0n for 30+ while other regions of the world would set it completely differently. anyway this is a not needed and has too much flame potential
okattan

Post by okattan »

I put western standards just as an example. there must be a japanse rating system, don't u think? anyways, tx for explaining..

best,
okattan
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

okattan wrote:I put western standards just as an example. there must be a japanse rating system, don't u think? anyways, tx for explaining..

best,
okattan
like i said japanese IS already in. just check categories
okattan

Post by okattan »

Found it :)

tx
okattan