Auto-Prune Spam Episodes [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Elberet

Auto-Prune Spam Episodes [DENIED]

Post by Elberet »

What's really getting onto my nerves these days is when some wise people add episode entries for an anime according to the planned number of episodes, before even the first episode has aired. Hence, I suggest to automatically delete an episode when:

- there are no files for the episode.
- no user has added the episode's generic file to their mylist.
- the episode title is considered lame or does not exist.
- the episode has been added at least 48 hours ago.
- the air-date lies in the future or has not been set at all.
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

Sounds like a good idea Elbert. However, I think this is kinda minor and more of a convenience. This would make AniDB less cluttered though. :)
pelican
AniDB Staff

Re: Auto-Prune Spam Episodes

Post by pelican »

As long as the title being `lame' is actually taken to mean this of all three titles fields (effectively modifying the requirements to `no-one has the episode, no files rely on it and no particularly useful information has been entered'), this sounds like a reasonable suggestion. (I certainly find it annoying to have to issue a creq, which takes time to be passed, instead of simply creating an episode with most information in place from the beginning.)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

I second Elberet's suggestion (with pelican's clarification).
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I have added eps in such way for hentais but only for hentai titles and I add them with the maximum ammount of informatio like release dates and kanji titles etc.
because, well.. for example... if you have a 3 ep hentai, you can't see the release date for ep2... and there are no known files available for some hentai titles.. does that mean I'm not allowed to add the eps?
I don't see adding eps like that as a problem
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

nwa: That's not the point ^^;

A "spam-episode" is something like this:
english title: episode 2
romaji title: (none)
japanese title: (none)
runlength: (something guessed, for example the same as for ep1)
aired on: (none)
It's perfectly fine to add such an ep if you want to add a file - or if you want to use the generic file attached to it. However, these entries are more than unneccessary, if they're just added to tell "yeah, there is a 2nd episode, but I know nothing about it - and I didn't bother to do any reasearch".

Such episodes should not be added, mainly because they cause creqs for even the most basic info.

As soon as the ep has any more info than in the example above (the jap. title, the airdate, whatever), it should of course be kept.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I don't see why this would be worth the effort.
If there are some extreme cases it's probably enough to message the owners of the entries and tell them to refrain from doing something like it again.

BYe!
EXP
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

egg

Post by egg »

Elberet wrote:please do so,. :)
:lol: I like the way you did that.... These two animes actually do have raw files for each ep.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

True, those two don't count as examples. I merely skimmed through my notifies list (two minutes) and didn't pay a lof attention to what I dug up. ;)

Edit: Here's another sample tho...