Group Status for an Anime [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

egg

Group Status for an Anime [tracked]

Post by egg »

I have two requests for the Anime Page's group list...

1) Make the group status complete if that group has been part of fansubbing for the entire anime, even if it was part of subgroups. For instance in Macross Zero, ANBU-AonE subbed episodes 1-4, ANBU subbed 5 and AonE_F-B subbed 5. In this case I think that ANBU and AonE should show up as being complete. Actually, I think each individual group should show it's stats including those of it's subgroups. Please see the example at the bottom.

2) Add the number of episodes a group has subbed, as well as the last ep. A group may have subbed the last ep, but unless if they only did one ep, you may not be interested in them.

3) Include the Short Name in the table.

After playing around with it for a little while, I decided that it was better to make the Summary information in a separate table. Take a look:

Edit: Updated image link.
Last edited by egg on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I don't think it will be easy to accomplish but is a nice one. :D
tupou

Post by tupou »

I've thought about mentioning something like this too. The way that I was picturing it, though, was to have it work like this:

I was thinking that the db would somehow scan for parent groups or sub groups that also did the same anime.
If a joint group is subbing and then the joint is dropped, but finished by one group... have "Complete" status for whichever group ended up finishing, and if the db knows that a sub group previously worked on it, put the status there as "Split" or something. (eg. SpA-AonE Saint Seiya Hades was finished by SpA alone)
If a group was working on something, but needed help later, then the db would know a parent group was previously working on, and the final status would be "Complete" and for the parent group "Helped" or something along those lines. (eg. NLA-Ishin Azumanga Daioh was finished by NLA&Ishin&A-F)

Something like AonE_F-B doing the last ep of Macross Zero might be a little funky though, since it's not really direct a sub or parent group association.
Also, as DonGato mentioned, I don't know how easy it would be to implement.
Amour

Post by Amour »

A language check must be done. Some big groups have sub-groups for each language they translate to: it should only display “complete” if it is all done in the same language.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Amour wrote:A language check must be done. Some big groups have sub-groups for each language they translate to: it should only display “complete” if it is all done in the same language.
a language check is not a trivial issue...