Edit Notification Message Improvements? [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I had the doubt because I didn't remember well when it started to stop. If it was before using those two options or not. Then it should to a generic word ("entry") or to "anime/files".
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

BTW, what exactly is "other" field for files?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

other = description
(heh, Thibi asked the same question yesterday on IRC ^^)
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Thought so. I was kinda unsure, because descr field was empty (obviously it was cleared by this change). BTW, is it posible to add tables similar to when you are reviewing your own pending creq? Left side - previous state, right side - current?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

rowaasr13 wrote:BTW, is it posible to add tables similar to when you are reviewing your own pending creq? Left side - previous state, right side - current?
yes, that's a mod only feature ATM though.

BYe!
EXP
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Well, then, can it be added for normal users for those creqs that they get notified about?
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Hi there,

added a file yesterday without adding all the hashes. I guess an auto-creq added all the remaining information, and I have a very strong feeling I even filed the auto-creq for the file because I noticed the file was unrecognized in AoM, I added the entry, ran AoM again and it added the file to my mylist within a thirty second time period.

I think the automated message system for file changes should take into account:

- whether you auto-creqed a file via AoM for a file you added yourself - which would result in no message at all
- if a field was previously blank for resolution as well as any hash then there should be no message - especially if it was an AoM auto-creq - we trust AoM, there is no need to notify a user that the program changed values that are trusted.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

rowaasr13 wrote:BTW, is it posible to add tables similar to when you are reviewing your own pending creq? Left side - previous state, right side - current?
Or just list changes (not only fields) in notification. I've just received change notification for one file that I remember to be problematic (corrupt version available, but correct version is harder to find). It listed changing of file state (which seems to be not correct change) and change of several checksums, but I can't check if those values were simply empty before, so I can ignore change, or they really were changed, so I better check my discs to make sure it was correct change.