import lists. [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

kinglink

import lists. [OLD REQ]

Post by kinglink »

Something I have a quandry about. I live with a girlfriend and as is the case with two people we have different likes and dislikes, however our anime list is exactly the same.

What I'm thinking is for shared systems (or even people who keep lists off site) either a way to syncronize two people's anime lists (taking every episode from both lists and removing the duplicates) or a ways to import an exportable format. I see a way to import Ed2k links and I see ways to export in HTML but I don't see a way to export and import the same format.

Sorry if I'm asking for something already asked for, I looked through the lists and didn't see anything like this.

P.S. I did however see a marking for anime seen on TV or movies. I'd like to meantion that DVD is technically a file but you don't have a way to mark it. I understand why not, just meantioning if I had two wishes that would be second, right after a really cool car.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: import lists.

Post by wahaha »

Such a sync-feature would fit the planned Buddy/friend list. In fact, Rar requested something similar there:
Rar wrote:-A fast way of adding files to mylist, based on what a friend has. I do a fair bit of trading, and rehashing the same files or clicking on every one is annoying.
... but that would of course still require syncing the lists manually from time to time.
kinglink wrote:P.S. I did however see a marking for anime seen on TV or movies. I'd like to meantion that DVD is technically a file but you don't have a way to mark it. I understand why not, just meantioning if I had two wishes that would be second, right after a really cool car.
Generic files do have a "on dvd"-option. I suppose the problem is rather that the episodes you want to add to your list don't have generic files (yet), right? ^^;
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

:lol:

Everything is limited by AoM. If he doesn't release soon (so Generic support can be fully deployed) lots of people will kill him.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I already told exp to add generic files to all episodes but he refused to encourage me to release faster, it's exps fault!!!!
Seriously though, I'm working hard on it, problem is I'm doing it properly this time.
kinglink

Post by kinglink »

I will say I'm impressed with the AOM alpha.

As for the import function this would be a little different. This could either be a symbolic link (Where both people have the same DB for files and location and a different one for watched) Or a quick click to say "give me everything that this person has" I have a hell of a lot of anime and I've chosen the correct group, I don't want my girlfriend to have to do the same thing and then have to select the correct one every time I get a box set of something.. That's what I 'm thinking, Doing Kenshin or Slayers alone is very annoying.