Request Edit let you request other titles? [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

starbuck

Request Edit let you request other titles? [OLD REQ]

Post by starbuck »

think I said everytthing :D
sth more:

I have added an " Official English" title, I wanted to edit it, I got the error msg "ERROR: 7 - there is already a title of that type added"...
So now I wanted to request an edit, but the request page has no option for "Official English" title, only for the japanese one. To make evrything kinda complete, one should be able to request an edit for "official english" or "synonyms" too, right?

SORRY

This post should have made at the "Feature Requests" Forum.
I messed up, gomene
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

no, it's in the right place

but, you CAN do a creq for any changes in english or in any other title, just make a regular creq with a fake request (which can still be granted by ingoring your fake change) you just have to specify what you want to change in the CERQ Comment

on the other hand... I think it was even possible to do a creq without changing anything, just a creq comment is enough, not sure though
starbuck

Post by starbuck »

not changing anything is impossible, I tried :)

of course I could do it they way you suggested, but I thought it would be a bit "complicated"..
Of course I don't know how much trouble and work the Admins have... in the end this is just a suggestion, and I thought it would be a simple one. Like adding the fields for "Official English Title", "Official Other", "Synonyms" and so on to the "Request" page.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I'm with starbuck. An easier way to request changes for alternative titles without doing those nasty things nwa mentioned. :P